OTA Recording Problem

bobsie

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 16, 2006
Alpena, MI
I have a Hopper w/Sling. Locals are included with my account. I also use the OTA adapter (not dual) attached to an outside rotating antenna. When viewing OTA shows directly from the antenna, the PQ is fantastic, especially the 1080i/p channels. Yet, when I record any show on any of the available OTA channels and view them, each present an odd experience. About once a second, the picture and sound flicker, something I never see when viewing anything live. Does anyone have any ideas as to what may be causing this? Recording from the "Dish local channels" does not exhibit the same phenomenon during playback but the PQ is not the same as live OTA.

I have a Hopper w/Sling. Locals are included with my account. I also use the OTA adapter (not dual) attached to an outside rotating antenna. When viewing OTA shows directly from the antenna, the PQ is fantastic, especially the 1080i/p channels. Yet, when I record any show on any of the available OTA channels and view them, each present an odd experience. About once a second, the picture and sound flicker, something I never see when viewing anything live. Does anyone have any ideas as to what may be causing this? Recording from the "Dish local channels" does not exhibit the same phenomenon during playback but the PQ is not the same as live OTA.

The old single tuner OTA adapter is probably causing your problem. Many people reported the same problem that went away when they got a new dual tuner adapter.

What JSheridan says is correct. You might try to move that adapter to an area that has plenty of ventilation. I had that same issue when my single adaptor was right behind my Hopper. I moved it to the side and the issue went away. The new dual adaptors are much better.

Get this DUAL tuner...
Products | AirTV

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)