OTA Recordings Breaking Up

S342 fixed the video and audio breakups on my OTA recording playbacks.

1364104958130.jpg

OTA recordings worked good yesterday on our primary and test Hopper with the exception of the early start. Luckily we only have one channel that requires a two minute early start so I set up a Mon-Fri manual series timer and it works. So, setting up a manual timer is a way to get around the early start / end late issue till it is fixed. You can't have everything in life. So sad when you have something and then it is taketh away!

I have a HWS/Joey, and suffered with OTA woes for some time. Both recordings and live suffered from jerkiness and pixelization when viewed on the Joey. Still on S338 on the HWS.

Just to experiment, I put my WiFi adapter into the Joey, and unplugged the coax. After some configuration, the Joey came online and all of the OTA problems were gone!

The only downside so far is that it takes much longer to change channels with the Joey on WiFi.

EDIT: Never mind. The live OTA is still working fine, but recorded OTA still has the problem...

Last edited:
dwaren2, is your OTA start early / end late settings working good too in the Daily schedule? My settings look good in the Timer's listing but do not show up in the Daily schedule.

Wasn't looking for that. Today I had 3 ota recordings programed. 1 was from my local dma Rochester NY. The other was PBS out of Syracuse. The recording from Rochester was perefect. The one from Syracuse PBS had some break up.

Sure hope this is fixed soon. I record Star Trek OTA. Its the only way I can get it as METV is only on OTA.
Live works OK, recordings break up.
Scotty is NOT HAPPY right now.

Problem Solved.
I dont use Dish any more to watch these shows.
I signed up for Netflix they have Start trek.
AND
I downgraded one level of Dish Programing to pay for it.

I wonder if others are doing this and if so how much money is Dish loosing in $10 package down grades to Netflix.

Got the new software last night and had flawless OTA recordings of the news and Jeopardy for the first time since the last update. Looks like it's fixed. Thank you Dish. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts