OTA Recordings Breaking Up

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I got the same issue on two hoppers plus my Joey every few days can't sync to the hopper its linked to.

Just got these last November and everything was great until this update. This is basic stuff guys you need to test your software more thoroughly before sending it out the door.

It sure seems like the BREAK something significant with every software upgrade. It's never been this bad with past boxes.

It sure seems like the BREAK something significant with every software upgrade. It's never been this bad with past boxes.

Supposedly the 922 was as bad or worse. I agree though, my 722k (and three others that I had before I got the Hoppers) has never had as many issues as my Hoppers. It certainly hasn't been 100% free of it's own software bugs, though. That being said, they're still superior to the 722k in many, many ways.

YES! I called DISH and the CSR INSISTED that it was a failing HD and they are sending me a new Hopper! I explained to her that I had NO other problems with recording except for the off air tuner but she again insisted it was a failing hard drive. WHAT A WASTE! Does anyone know what the issue actually is?
Richard 73

YES! I called DISH and the CSR INSISTED that it was a failing HD and they are sending me a new Hopper! I explained to her that I had NO other problems with recording except for the off air tuner but she again insisted it was a failing hard drive. WHAT A WASTE! Does anyone know what the issue actually is?
Richard 73

Software related. There's a recent update but it's not known yet if the breakups are still there but we'll know real soon.

Richard 73

Some kinda HWS S338 software issue. SW version S342 for HWS has been sent out this morning. I am testing the OTA issues now. Sometimes it is better to check this forum for issues instead of calling CSR.

Just tested OTA recording for CW 8 AM CST. It looks good on two Hoppers. However, the start early / end late settings still do not work for the Daily schedule. Will be testing all day, post later the how goes it.

I had the problem once on one of my 2 HWs's. Same recording on the other was fine. Found one of the cable connecters going into a splitter was a little loose. Tightened it up and I haven't had any problem since.
My experience only.

o you know if it is a USB port speed or timing issue or is the USB port speed a non issue for the tuner?

Honestly I have no idea. The only thing we know is that before 338 this was not an issue. Although the timer issue with OTA doesn't look like it was resolved, I hope the breakups are gone. It's just unwatchable.

I had the problem once on one of my 2 HWs's. Same recording on the other was fine. Found one of the cable connecters going into a splitter was a little loose. Tightened it up and I haven't had any problem since.
My experience only.

dwaren2, is your OTA start early / end late settings working good too in the Daily schedule? My settings look good in the Timer's listing but do not show up in the Daily schedule.

I have a similar OTA viewing problem, but not specific to OTA recordings. My issue is simply watching live OTA channels from a Joey. Choppy - both video and audio breakups. Not watchable. This is a fairly new problem and I have no issues viewing OTA from the Hopper that the Joey is paired with. Very annoying. Tried all the usual tricks, but the choppiness continues.

I've moved nearly all my timers to the DISH channels, despite the better OTA quality. Being somewhat of a conspiracy theorist, is this DISH's way of forcing us away from OTA?

Hope not, I love MeTV, Antenna, and Cozi. I can still watch em from the TV's directly, but would have to switch back to recording OTA from my WMC 7 server and streaming them to my HTPC's. One can also convert the WMC recordings to a format the Hopper Home Media App could play.

Well I would rather have the 1 minute not work than unwatchable ota recordings. Lets hope that when they get around to fixing the early/late on the ota timer they don't break something else. I think this is because they keep trying to add and fix those useless apps that I and most people don't even use. They keeps breaking what IS being used, like the audio/video on the dvr recordings ,you know, the very thing you originally wanted from DISH: good audio and good video on your dvr recordings.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)