OTA Recordings Breaking Up

A few questions. Those who are having the problem, are you sing an indoor or roof top antenna. Which arc? Trying to find out if there is any common traits in those having the break up.
My set up is a roof top antenna with a booster on top of a small hill. I'm about 25 miles east of Rochester NY transmitters and about 55 miles west of Syracuse NY. I'm on the earc and rarely have a problem with my ota recordings from either city.

That is the issue we've reported to Dish. Our timer will not record 1 minute early and 2 minutes later. Also have the pixelating problem OTA even though we have 100% signal strength.
This morning I was adjusting bunches of timers to start 2 minutes early and 2 minutes end late because I forgot to do it when I reset all the OTA locals on my one test Hopper. I went into the Daily Schedule and select a timer and then select Edit Event. After setting up 2 minutes to start early and 2 minutes late and then save, I check the timer and the 2 minutes does not show. If I set up the 2 minutes start early and late ending in the Timers list folder the 2 minutes shows up. A third Hopper that is set up with all Satellite local channels the 2 minute start early and late stays put when I set it from both the Daily Schedule and the Timers list folders. So setting up the start early and also end late setup is screwed up for sure with OTA locals. Today I will see if the 2 minutes start early and end late actually works in my two OTA test Hoppers.

Lucky always knows. ;)

That's good, I am glad someone knows. Yesterday the Hopper that all OTA channels were rescanned tested good again except for the start early/end late issue. The other Hopper that I haven't rescanned all recordings were pixeled. Going to test again Monday and if all is staying the same I will rescan the OTA locals on the other Hopper and see how goes it.

That's good, I am glad someone knows. Yesterday the Hopper that all OTA channels were rescanned tested good again except for the start early/end late issue. The other Hopper that I haven't rescanned all recordings were pixeled. Going to test again Monday and if all is staying the same I will rescan the OTA locals on the other Hopper and see how goes it.

I'm waiting for the software fix. :)

A few questions. Those who are having the problem, are you sing an indoor or roof top antenna. Which arc? Trying to find out if there is any common traits in those having the break up.
My set up is a roof top antenna with a booster on top of a small hill. I'm about 25 miles east of Rochester NY transmitters and about 55 miles west of Syracuse NY. I'm on the earc and rarely have a problem with my ota recordings from either city.

My OTA antenna is in the attic, 3-way split to three HWSs, and amplified. St Louis DMA, Western Arc, and 1000+ dish. I'm about 25 miles east of St Louis OTA transmitters. Signal strength is 100% on all channels with the exception of couple of 75% strength channels. I'm having constant pixel issue with my OTA recordings.

Well my testing is complete on CW and I got about 5 shows without incidents and then this morning my ABC news show had nothing but pixelation & audio hickups. So once again this is a problem that only DISH can fix with software update. I hope it isn't to much longer because I really want to watch my local news.

Well my testing is complete on CW and I got about 5 shows without incidents and then this morning my ABC news show had nothing but pixelation & audio hickups. So once again this is a problem that only DISH can fix with software update. I hope it isn't to much longer because I really want to watch my local news.

I hear ya. Maybe it will be soon in the future sometime!! :confused:

A very quick and informal test, I deleted all my OTA channels, did a pull the plug reset, and rescanned the channels. With my very short viewing, all seems well. Before, it didn't matter the channel, there'd be pixelation and audio break-up every few seconds.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)