OTA Recordings Breaking Up

Test complete for the day. Had one little pixilation on the last recording, CBS Y&R at 4 PM. About half way thru it had about a 2 second pixel. So I would say a good day after re-setting everything. On another Hopper I have set up identical OTA timers but did not re-set the timers or channels. Will also see how that Hopper does tomorrow. During previous test last week it had numerous corrupt recordings. Will see how tomorrow goes.

Test complete for today. All the timers did good today for the Hopper that I reset all the OTA channels. The Hopper that I have done nothing to all the OTA timers were corrupted today. Going to test again on Monday both Hoppers to see how goes it hoping this is not just a fluke. How did your timers do MikeD-C05?

Also having this problem with recordings while live OTA is fine.

Dish have any intention of fixing this, or is it just going to be a problem for a while? All of my recordings this week are pretty much useless.

Also having this problem with recordings while live OTA is fine.

Dish have any intention of fixing this, or is it just going to be a problem for a while? All of my recordings this week are pretty much useless.

They are aware of the issue. I am sure they looking into the situation.

Test complete for today. All the timers did good today for the Hopper that I reset all the OTA channels. The Hopper that I have done nothing to all the OTA timers were corrupted today. Going to test again on Monday both Hoppers to see how goes it hoping this is not just a fluke. How did your timers do MikeD-C05?

Well I wish I had never deleted my ota channels on my hopper in the living room.:mad:

I got all my stations back except my CBS/ KFDM channel 6.1 station and the CW on 6.2 are now showing Tyler,Tx ABC guide information and Bounce channel for channel 7.1 and 7.2 . Digital channel for my locals KFDM & Cw in Beaumont is 25 and Tyler 7.1 and 7.2 is 26. I don't know why I am getting guide information for a town that is 191 miles away from me . I have deleted and rescanned several times and I can not get the correct guide information . Luckily I still have my other hopper and it is still showing the correct guide information. So I haven't been able to test the CW since it no longer has the correct guide information . I have never heard of something like this happening when the stations are that far apart in miles and on two different digital designations . I have also done the 5 minute power cord reboot and it still didn't help ,neither did the red button or smart card reset. I even switched my usb ota tuners from one hopper to the other and it didn't matter. One hopper had the correct guide info and the other does not. So I made the decision to "move" back to Houston so I could at least get our CW shows without the pixelation and audio hickups. Houston has all the locals in HD on the satellite.

I did check my ABC ota station that I watch the 6:00pm news on and it & plays without any problems. Just checked my 10:00pm news cast on the same channel and it is still recording and there is no issues watching delayed or starting over while recording. So it looks good on that station. The main reason I wanted to check was because of my CW station and now I can't even do that.

I did send an email to the dishquality@echostar.com department , but I am sure I won't hear from them any time soon. So I might have to decide to go ahead and change my bedroom hopper into my living room so I can continue to see the correct guide information for my ota CBS /CW. I don't dare re-scan that hopper or I will be screwed again.:eek:

Try to do a restore from your remote. It may still have the old settings/channels. Don't know if it will work, but it's worth a try.

I will see if that works. But it has been so long since I have done a restore I am going to have to really look at the menus to figure how to do that.

Menu - Diagnostics - System Wizard - Restore

Well You are a freaking Genius!! :D It worked. I got channel 6 back with at least an hour of guide information and the correct logo for CBS. Cw is showing just No info for now. I am bout to turn it off and see if it will down load the guide information. If it does come back with the CW information , I will be back in business.

THANKS for the help!!:)

Well I wish I had never deleted my ota channels on my hopper in the living room.:mad:

I got all my stations back except my CBS/ KFDM channel 6.1 station and the CW on 6.2 are now showing Tyler,Tx ABC guide information and Bounce channel for channel 7.1 and 7.2 . Digital channel for my locals KFDM & Cw in Beaumont is 25 and Tyler 7.1 and 7.2 is 26. I don't know why I am getting guide information for a town that is 191 miles away from me . I have deleted and rescanned several times and I can not get the correct guide information . Luckily I still have my other hopper and it is still showing the correct guide information. So I haven't been able to test the CW since it no longer has the correct guide information . I have never heard of something like this happening when the stations are that far apart in miles and on two different digital designations . I have also done the 5 minute power cord reboot and it still didn't help ,neither did the red button or smart card reset. I even switched my usb ota tuners from one hopper to the other and it didn't matter. One hopper had the correct guide info and the other does not. So I made the decision to "move" back to Houston so I could at least get our CW shows without the pixelation and audio hickups. Houston has all the locals in HD on the satellite.

I did check my ABC ota station that I watch the 6:00pm news on and it & plays without any problems. Just checked my 10:00pm news cast on the same channel and it is still recording and there is no issues watching delayed or starting over while recording. So it looks good on that station. The main reason I wanted to check was because of my CW station and now I can't even do that.

I did send an email to the dishquality@echostar.com department , but I am sure I won't hear from them any time soon. So I might have to decide to go ahead and change my bedroom hopper into my living room so I can continue to see the correct guide information for my ota CBS /CW. I don't dare re-scan that hopper or I will be screwed again.:eek:

Good lord, sorry for your mess. Wonder what's going on! Is your antenna highly directional or something? Maybe trying to adjust it a little. This is crazy. Good luck to you.

Well You are a freaking Genius!! :D It worked. I got channel 6 back with at least an hour of guide information and the correct logo for CBS. Cw is showing just No info for now. I am bout to turn it off and see if it will down load the guide information. If it does come back with the CW information , I will be back in business.

THANKS for the help!!:)

WOW, that's good you got something working. Good job dwarren2

Good lord, sorry for your mess. Wonder what's going on! Is your antenna highly directional or something? Maybe trying to adjust it a little. This is crazy. Good luck to you.

Well this morning the RESTORE worked!!!!! I got CW and CBS back with full guide information for my area, not Tyler ,Texas. The bad news is my ota recordings for the news are back to crap again on the same ABC station that was working ok yesterday. Had two set for this morning and one was recorded at 5:00am and it was over at 6:00am & it played with pixelation and audio hickups. The other was ta 6:00am and I restarted it as it was recording and it was crap too. Watching live there were no problems. I am checking my CW ota station today with random recordings during the day and tonight to see how it records, but I am not hopeful. This is like I thought: software induced problems and it will take DISH fixing it for good.

Oh my antenna only works 25 miles out from the towers and is a terk 44 clip on antenna. So I doubt very seriously that it picks up 191 miles out. This is more crazy DISH glitches in the software. I am just glad the restore worked . IF I had waited more than a day to do the restore , I would of been screwed ,since the receiver seems to back up to the remote nightly during the update. It showed the last backup yesterday morning around 3:00am.

Well this morning the RESTORE worked!!!!! I got CW and CBS back with full guide information for my area, not Tyler ,Texas. The bad news is my ota recordings for the news are back to crap again on the same ABC station that was working ok yesterday. Had two set for this morning and one was recorded at 5:00am and it was over at 6:00am & it played with pixelation and audio hickups. The other was ta 6:00am and I restarted it as it was recording and it was crap too. Watching live there were no problems. I am checking my CW ota station today with random recordings during the day and tonight to see how it records, but I am not hopeful. This is like I thought: software induced problems and it will take DISH fixing it for good.

Oh my antenna only works 25 miles out from the towers and is a terk 44 clip on antenna. So I doubt very seriously that it picks up 191 miles out. This is more crazy DISH glitches in the software. I am just glad the restore worked . IF I had waited more than a day to do the restore , I would of been screwed ,since the receiver seems to back up to the remote nightly during the update. It showed the last backup yesterday morning around 3:00am.

WOW, you have a real nightmare going on with your OTA. I bet the Hopper that I reset the OTA ends up screwing up too, but time will tell. Will see how things are going on both Hoppers after Monday's test. I found another issue with OTA locals this morning. Will post about it in a little bit.

Here's another problem a customer pointed out to me today. It appears that since the last update OTA recordings no longer add the 1 minute at the beginning and 3 minutes to the end of the recordings even though that's what's specified in the timers. I just checked one here and that seems to be the case. A Jeopardy recording that should be 34 minutes long is 30 minutes long.

I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere so maybe this should be another new thread?

This morning I was adjusting bunches of timers to start 2 minutes early and 2 minutes end late because I forgot to do it when I reset all the OTA locals on my one test Hopper. I went into the Daily Schedule and select a timer and then select Edit Event. After setting up 2 minutes to start early and 2 minutes late and then save, I check the timer and the 2 minutes does not show. If I set up the 2 minutes start early and late ending in the Timers list folder the 2 minutes shows up. A third Hopper that is set up with all Satellite local channels the 2 minute start early and late stays put when I set it from both the Daily Schedule and the Timers list folders. So setting up the start early and also end late setup is screwed up for sure with OTA locals. Today I will see if the 2 minutes start early and end late actually works in my two OTA test Hoppers.

So far I recorded two shows on the CW and they are playing with picture freezes occasionally but no pixelation. As I am watching the one show the picture just went black and then returned while the sound continued. It isn't as bad as before but it is still not working correctly.

So far I recorded two shows on the CW and they are playing with picture freezes occasionally but no pixelation. As I am watching the one show the picture just went black and then returned while the sound continued. It isn't as bad as before but it is still not working correctly.

Yep, for sure. I just did a quick check of Hopper that I reset the OTA channels/timers, the 08:00 AM CST CW recording has no pixels and no sound. Reset from the menu cleared the sound up. This Hopper has sound issues sometimes. On the other Hopper that I did not reset OTA channels/timers, CW recording is severely pixeled but the sound works. Both test Hopper's recordings did not start early or end late like they were suppose to. Lotsa fun! I wonder if ZachS is aware the start early/end late settings is screwed up too.

I just wish that DISH wouldn't always , ALWAYS ,break things that work right with each software update. It is a real pain to have to find work arounds and "move" in order to get my shows with out pixelation and audio problems. Once these things are documented they need to get the new fix out as soon as possible without delay. Imagine all the subs who cancel over this kind of thing.

I just wish that DISH wouldn't always , ALWAYS ,break things that work right with each software update. It is a real pain to have to find work arounds and "move" in order to get my shows with out pixelation and audio problems. Once these things are documented they need to get the new fix out as soon as possible without delay. Imagine all the subs who cancel over this kind of thing.
I hear ya.

And that's my point. With this release, a core function of the device/service that I pay for (DVR) is not functioning. On top of that, instead of fixing this bug quickly or rolling back to the last stable version (a concept that seems foreign to Dish), we are left to suffer with no ETA of when it may be fixed. Also, you have to wonder how thorough their testing is if they didn't catch this before releasing for such a commonly used function.

This crap is getting really old and Dish needs to step up and make it right ASAP. If I can't watch my TV.. I'm going to start expecting credits.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)