OTA Recordings Breaking Up

I only get this when I play back recordings from OTA. If I watch it live I don't see the problem :confused:

Crazy how random it is. Recorded one show last night and one this morning on channels I previously had problems with and no issues.

You're right. I had no issues with american dad last night but did with the sports show a few hours later.....

My Channel 9 (Denver) OTA news was, again, useless this morning (fortunately I'm also recording it on my other Hopper from the Sat channel). I don't expect to see this fixed w/o another software download.

Here's another problem a customer pointed out to me today. It appears that since the last update OTA recordings no longer add the 1 minute at the beginning and 3 minutes to the end of the recordings even though that's what's specified in the timers. I just checked one here and that seems to be the case. A Jeopardy recording that should be 34 minutes long is 30 minutes long.

I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere so maybe this should be another new thread?

Here's another problem a customer pointed out to me today. It appears that since the last update OTA recordings no longer add the 1 minute at the beginning and 3 minutes to the end of the recordings even though that's what's specified in the timers. I just checked one here and that seems to be the case. A Jeopardy recording that should be 34 minutes long is 30 minutes long.

I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere so maybe this should be another new thread?

It is happening to one of my timers too. Only have one OTA timer, The Young & the Restless on CBS adjusted to start 2 minutes early and wondered what happened when it wasn't working. On my backup Hopper, Y&R is a satellite local and the 2 minute start early works OK. Thanks JSheridan, have you already reported it to ZachS?

Well new week, more fracked recordings on the CW. Good to see DISH is really trying to address this software glitch so fast.:rolleyes:

CW seems to happen the worse for me, then CBS. This issue is one good reason why I have two Hoppers with identical timers set. The only difference is one Hopper has all our favorite local timers set with OTA and the other is set with satellite locals. I have done this since I joined Dish with VIP722s. Also, when I was with cable service did the same thing with MOXI and Motorola DVRs. It sure has kept me out of the HOT WATER with the Mrs!! Maybe you can figure it out MikeD-C05. I remember several years ago you figured out the local timer issue several of us had when Dish was in the middle of bringing Eastern Arc on line. Those of us that had a blend of Eastern and Western Arc dishes had all kinds of local timer headaches. No one warned us of this and I had numerous work tickets with the technicians and no returned phone calls or emails of what the problem was. Thank you again MikeD-C05 for helping us out that time.

It is happening to one of my timers too. Only have one OTA timer, The Young & the Restless on CBS adjusted to start 2 minutes early and wondered what happened when it wasn't working. On my backup Hopper, Y&R is a satellite local and the 2 minute start early works OK. Thanks JSheridan, have you already reported it to ZachS?

No, I haven't reported it. Please go ahead and tell Zach thanks. :)

Here's another problem a customer pointed out to me today. It appears that since the last update OTA recordings no longer add the 1 minute at the beginning and 3 minutes to the end of the recordings even though that's what's specified in the timers.

So that's why my aforementioned Big Bang also cut off the beginning. I thought it was a one time local CBS problem. So yes, we have another Dish problem.

So that's why my aforementioned Big Bang also cut off the beginning. I thought it was a one time local CBS problem. So yes, we have another Dish problem.

Please report it to Zach or any DIRT rep so maybe it will get some attention. Thanks.

CW seems to happen the worse for me, then CBS. This issue is one good reason why I have two Hoppers with identical timers set. The only difference is one Hopper has all our favorite local timers set with OTA and the other is set with satellite locals. I have done this since I joined Dish with VIP722s. Also, when I was with cable service did the same thing with MOXI and Motorola DVRs. It sure has kept me out of the HOT WATER with the Mrs!! Maybe you can figure it out MikeD-C05. I remember several years ago you figured out the local timer issue several of us had when Dish was in the middle of bringing Eastern Arc on line. Those of us that had a blend of Eastern and Western Arc dishes had all kinds of local timer headaches. No one warned us of this and I had numerous work tickets with the technicians and no returned phone calls or emails of what the problem was. Thank you again MikeD-C05 for helping us out that time.

I remember that back in the day like circa 08 or was it 09? I got lucky because I had that same setup of both eastern and western arc dish setups. But unfortunately this is software induced bug. I have tried deleting my timers for CW and re-creating them , but that hasn't worked. Neither did any of the three reboot methods or re-running the check switch. It was caused by S428 software download we got around the 6th of this month and unfortunately it is up to DISH to fix it in another software download that addresses it. The only other thing I haven't tried,but still might, is to delete all ota timers and delete all ota stations and then re-scan my ota stations and re-create all my ota timers again. But what good would that really do, since everyone seems to be having the same issue on their ota setups with this software? If I do this last thing and I see a difference I will report it pronto.

I remember that back in the day like circa 08 or was it 09? I got lucky because I had that same setup of both eastern and western arc dish setups. But unfortunately this is software induced bug. I have tried deleting my timers for CW and re-creating them , but that hasn't worked. Neither did any of the three reboot methods or re-running the check switch. It was caused by S428 software download we got around the 6th of this month and unfortunately it is up to DISH to fix it in another software download that addresses it. The only other thing I haven't tried,but still might, is to delete all ota timers and delete all ota stations and then re-scan my ota stations and re-create all my ota timers again. But what good would that really do, since everyone seems to be having the same issue on their ota setups with this software? If I do this last thing and I see a difference I will report it pronto.

I doubt that would clear the issue up too. I am having the problem on three of my Hoppers. But I will try it out. Got some time this morning. I keep all my OTA timers together in the timer folder so will be fast to perform. Will delete all of them, OTA stations too and then rescan, set timers back up. Will post later on how goes it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts