OTA Recordings Breaking Up

This is interesting since my breakups on live and recorded OTA seem to have been fixed by this update. Granted there are a ton of variables here and I've only watched two recorded programs and watching live now and not one breakup.

I'll also note it fixed the issue where I'd get constant dropouts when pressing Info for a OTA channel.

I saw this ota break ups on Thursday on my recordings on CW ota station after I got the latest software update that morning. I saw it again all night long on my Saturday night ota recordings on Metv . Ruined all of them. I finally pulled the plug and did a hard power cord reboot. No more problems on Cw and I haven't tested Metv yet. I hope this is fixed ,because I missed all my regular Saturday night shows because of it.

Zach I'll send you my information as soon as possible since I'm going through the same thing here.

Me Too -> Here's a video (with crappy white balance)

Yuk, Me Too. Is this what you guys are getting ?

There's video glitches there too (just not that noticeable in the video).
(Ignore the white balance -> That's my phone).

Thought, for a second, my HDD was dying.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep, but yours is much worse than mine.
Thanks,

It seems like a Bandwidth Problem (data is being dropped). I have two external HDD's plugged in (though not doing anything). I wonder if they could be slowing the USB down. The HDD's are on a USB Hub, but the OTA Tuner has its own port. I also had another recording in progress when I took the video. I was watching on a Joey. Maybe that's exaggerating the glitches (I can check when I get home).

Wow, mine was never that bad other than if I was watching an OTA channel and then hit the info button it would do that. As I mentioned, my issues seem to have gotten better rather than worse with this update but were never that bad.

I was fine before. My problem only started since S338.
I set up the same recording using the OTA on my other Hopper. It'll be interesting so see what I get tomorrow morning.
Heck, I'll setup some OTA on both Hoppers for tonight too (I like using to OTA for the daily news to keep the other tuners free).

I recorded dateline on 9 news and was almost unwatchable at times. Ptat was on at the time.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I saw this ota break ups on Thursday on my recordings on CW ota station after I got the latest software update that morning. I saw it again all night long on my Saturday night ota recordings on Metv . Ruined all of them. I finally pulled the plug and did a hard power cord reboot. No more problems on Cw and I haven't tested Metv yet. I hope this is fixed ,because I missed all my regular Saturday night shows because of it.
Wonder Woman, Batman, Star Trek, Lost In Space, Get Smart? :)

Well, I tested OTA timers today on three Hoppers. Recorded nine programs. Would you believe they are worked great. Going to test again tomorrow.

Some shows break up and some don't, even on the same channel some do and some don't. I've pulled the plug (numerous times) and the results are about the same, pretty much no pattern.

I do not envy the Dish software guys trying to debug super complicated software with any number of variables.

Today I had five OTA recordings that were bad, didn't have any yesterday. I am testing nine programs on five channels on three Hoppers. Tracking on a spreadsheet. Going to test one more day and then send Zack the details.

Jeopardy recorded fine yesterday, all broken up today. Same equipment and channel.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)