OTA Scanning

bobc469

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 27, 2004
NW Oregon
When I try to scan my OTA channels I get multiple scans with each channel showing up 2 or 3 times. When I try to delete individual channels they are removed from the list and then 20 or 30 seconds later they pop back up.

I select all and do a delete and rescan, the same thing may happen 2 or 3 times or I may eventually just get the channels in my area (around 13 for my location) and then I can delete the ones I don't want to show up in my channel guide.

It's kind of frustrating, but eventually I can get it play nice and do what it is supposed to.

Using software version S118XAMB.

When I try to scan my OTA channels I get multiple scans with each channel showing up 2 or 3 times. When I try to delete individual channels they are removed from the list and then 20 or 30 seconds later they pop back up.

I select all and do a delete and rescan, the same thing may happen 2 or 3 times or I may eventually just get the channels in my area (around 13 for my location) and then I can delete the ones I don't want to show up in my channel guide.

It's kind of frustrating, but eventually I can get it play nice and do what it is supposed to.

Using software version S118XAMB.

I have found that to be true on mine also.I have also found it seems to be better to disengage parental controls,make sure when you want to delete a channel,let the signal level appear,then select and delete each channel indivdually.Also it seems to work better when the MT2 Module is cool,say room temperature compared to letting it get hot.

If you put in the MT2 originally do your scan you should be good for a long time,in other words don't rescan just for the heck of it.If you think there maybe a new channel in your area check out TV Fool first to see if you can receive it in your area.This is how I have found it works well for me,Good Luck!:)

VIP922/wMT2
S118XACB
Remanufactured in India/MT2/India also.

I use a 4-bay antenna/no screen because I need to pull OTA signals from the front and the back of the antenna.I do not use any signal amplifier.I also keep my antenna low to avoid multipath issues.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts