OTA STB problems

MichaelJames

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 23, 2004
Cincinnati Ohio
I currently live 1/2 way between Dayton and Cinci. I am using 1 antenna for Cinci and a different one for Dayton. Using an A/B switch from Radio Shack on my Panasonic STB, this worked well.

The problem I have now with version 6.2 of the software is this:

*Note that I my installer some how managed to get all/most of the Dayton and Cinci stations read in, so they are all/mostly listed in the guide)

When I go in and scan the Cinci. channels (B Switch on Rat Shack switcher), it reads all of them. Then I go in and change the Rat Shack box to A for Dayton and rescan.. nothing comes up. If I then go into the other menu to look at the signal strength of a station I know is there (Channel 2 in Dayton), the Voom box tells me its a signal strength of 98. so then I scan again and its still not located on the scan. If I then go into the menu and use channel up to find the Dayton station, it does not pull up..says signal is not there. So I go back into the RF menu (I think that is what its called), it still tells me 98 signal strength on Channel 2 in Dayton.

Whats going on here?

Could it be a problem with Dayton not transmitting PSIP data? Are the Dayton and Cinci stations using the same RF numbers and you are mapped by Voom to the Cinci area?

Nope, I am getting all the PSIP data out of Dayton on my other Voom box..no duplicate channel numbers either. (I have 3 seperate Voom boxes)

Dayton and Cinci. are less than 60 miles apart and they have done a good job getting their setups done correctly..

Wow so this problem is only affecting one of your STBs? Sorry.. I am now forwarding you to level 2 tech support:

Ilya or Sean Mota.

I have 3 Voom boxes. The one upstairs is Mapped to Dayton and comes in fine. The one downstairs is mapped to Dayton and Cinci, but Dayton ones do not come in when I switch the antenna lead..

Why would an antenna switcher cause the box to become confused?

I am not sure on the one downstairs which was mapped first. The one upstairs is only mapped to Dayton.

MichaelJames said:
So I go back into the RF menu (I think that is what its called), it still tells me 98 signal strength on Channel 2 in Dayton.
When you check the OTA signal level in the Installation Wizard you must enter the RF number, not the channel number. For example, the RF number of your Dayton WDTN-DT channel 2.1 is 50 (according to www.antennaweb.org), so you should enter 50, not 2 on that screen.

Possibly related problem with OTA, need help !!

Since upgrading to 6.2 my box has developed a problem that sounds similar. No A/B switch in my case. I'm in the Boston area. I used to get 44.1-4 fine but now the box says there is no signal present on all 4 channels. If I go into the installer menu and scan it no longer finds them but when I look at the signal quality on any of these channels it says it's 98. When I first loaded 6.2 it worked for awhile but now it's dead. Rescanning consistently misses those 4 channels. Others in this area have replied that they still get the channels so it's not likely to be a PSIP problem here. Tried rebooting the box and rescanning. Nothing helps. :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)