OTA Timer Scheduling Disappeared

I have a customer that I installed an OTA tuner in a 722 for and all their guide will show is an 8 hour block " digital programing " it knows what the stations are but not what's playing.

I've had my 722K since March and record alot of OTA programs and haven't run across this problem. I wonder if guide data is corrupt for certain OTA channels (grasping at straws). I record from a couple of different markets as well.

I have a customer that I installed an OTA tuner in a 722 for and all their guide will show is an 8 hour block " digital programing " it knows what the stations are but not what's playing.

Try check switch to force a new guide download?

The OTA channels are selected in the menu-6-9 locals setup but the guide data requires subscription to Dish locals.

Interesting to see that 2 sub-channels of PBS station (KNME) show in guide but "V-me" shows same programs as regular. Second PBS channel has sub-channels but no guide. I use the second (KNMD) to record NBR at 5 PM or DVR-ed rather than wait for primary showing at midnight.
-Ken

Just talked to Dish Tech Chat. Still saying no ETA on the fix and they are working on it which i sort of doubt now. It's been way too long. I did find out that on Sling Dish remote access, the schedule has the wrong info for my XX-01 channels. CBS-01 has ESPNU, ABC-01 doesn't exist, NBC-01 has ESPND, CW-01 and WRDC-01 are correct (since dish only supplies BIG4 station HDs), and FOX-01 has ESPN2. Not sure if it's related, but is funny how it is consistent with the problem. On my receiver though, XX-01 and XX-00 HD both has the correct info. Hopefully it gets resolved before the fall season. Not a huge issue for me right now, but could be an annoying one in the fall when a lot of shows are on at the same time.

Just an update on my situation. I had my 722K replaced last week because my old one had an overheating problem. Not only does the new one have the same problem with OTA timers, it's worse! It doesn't even record things if I set it to "once". On Saturday I set it to record the F1 race on Fox on Sunday afternoon. It showed up in my schedule and everything looked good. Sunday morning I checked the schedule and it wasn't there. Not skipped or anything, just not there, though the timer was still there on the list. Same thing happened later in the evening when I tried to record Big Brother for my wife. So the only way I can record anything OTA is to wait until it's actually on then hit "Record".

Guess it's time to bug Dish again..... :mad:

Just an update on my situation. I had my 722K replaced last week because my old one had an overheating problem. Not only does the new one have the same problem with OTA timers, it's worse! It doesn't even record things if I set it to "once". On Saturday I set it to record the F1 race on Fox on Sunday afternoon. It showed up in my schedule and everything looked good. Sunday morning I checked the schedule and it wasn't there. Not skipped or anything, just not there, though the timer was still there on the list. Same thing happened later in the evening when I tried to record Big Brother for my wife. So the only way I can record anything OTA is to wait until it's actually on then hit "Record".

Guess it's time to bug Dish again..... :mad:

The same thing happens to me when I use the "once" too. I have been using weekly and Mon-Fri with success. It is a pain in the rear to have to use those two settings but it is a work around for now. Give it a try.

From what I can gather, the problem only exists for people who subscribe to local channels through Dish. When you pick a program, i.e., CSI NY for 10pm on Wed and set it to record all episodes or new episodes. Somehow when it does the search, it doesn't find the ones besides the one you selected. So it'll know to record CSI New York for this week since that's the one you selected, but nothing in the future.

The issue only appears to affect CBS-01, ABC-01, NBC-01, and FOX-01. I deduced that this is due to the fact that Dish only supplies the big4 stations' HDs. I tried setting a similar recording on the local OTA CW-01 and it works fine. The reason being that CW-00 HD doesn't exist via Dish. Somehow it appears to be treating the -01s as being redundant. It sees the Dish supplied -00 HD and it disregards the -01 OTA HD results.

I spoke to dish reps about 5 days ago and they said it was escalated to the engineers and they are working on the issue. It does appear that they had an update a few weeks ago and that's when it started having an issue. I checked today and it still is not resolved. Hopefully they fix the problem before the fall season. Not that big of an issue for me right now as the summer season is slow.

You should prioritize your timers and set them on -00 HD instead of the OTA-01. Anything on -02 HD seems to work fine, by the way. Anything that you set weekly, M-F, or once should work fine. I wouldn't set anything OTA-01 using the all episodes/new episodes until the problem is resolved. I'd try it and check to see if it sees beyond the one you set.

Hope all that makes sense. Good luck!

I am in the Atlanta DMA and started experiencing this problem about September, 2008 on the 4 network channels that I also receive from Dish. Early this year Dish added the HD feed of WPCH and I immediately had the same problem with WPCH. It started with my 2 622's and also occurrs on the 722 that I upgraded one of the 622's to. If you set an OTA timer in the morning for one of the affected channels, it will work any time that day or evening The scheduled OTA timers disappear after the nightly guide update.

The strange thing is the problem started occurring at different times for different people. One person on another similar thread said that it started after he inserted a new smart card. It would be very nice if Dish corrected this problem before the new fall TV season starts as the only time that I need to record ABC, CBS, Fox, and NBC OTA is once or twice a week when I want to tape 3 shows at once. Otherwise, I always record the satellite feeds since they only take about half the hard drive space that an OTA feed takes.

I should mention that I only have this problem on ABC, NBC, CBS and FOX. Those channels I also receive from Dish.

I have no problems recording "All" or "Once" or "New" on channels I do not also receive from Dish (PBS, CW, etc).

Its almost like Dish is trying to force us to use the channels they broadcast.

The same here in Plano, TX.... I have had this problem for about a year. I reported this to Dish back then and even as recently as two months ago, but they always state they have never heard of this problem and could not duplicate it.

It's been a while, has anyone heard anything new on this?

I thought I had the problem fixed by scheduling the show to record twice, first on the xxx-01 channel, then on the xxx-00 SAT channel. Problem is the 2nd timer thinks the first one will record it, so it skips, then the first one doesn't. Very annoying and have not found a real workaround on this yet.

Also, I never had an issue with this until the new software that allowed the grouping.

It's been a while, has anyone heard anything new on this?

I thought I had the problem fixed by scheduling the show to record twice, first on the xxx-01 channel, then on the xxx-00 SAT channel. Problem is the 2nd timer thinks the first one will record it, so it skips, then the first one doesn't. Very annoying and have not found a real workaround on this yet.

Also, I never had an issue with this until the new software that allowed the grouping.

I haven't heard anything. The way I work around the problem is by using the Weekly and Mon-Friday frequency. They have been working good for me so for. I use the Mon-Fri only if the program is on daily Monday thru Friday like the soap shows. And, use the Weekly for shows that are only on once a week or several times like Big Brother. You have to use a separate Weekly timer for each show dring the week. It has been a nightmare for me but using the Mon-Fri and Weekly has made things a little better.

It seems like lately this function is back to normal - all my shows are getting picked up on the xxx-01 which is my first priority.

Are others also seeing an improvement?

All my OTA timers are working great now. A member from another forum from the St Louis area disconnected 118 and discovered it cured the OTA timer issue for him. I did the same thing and it worked. I am now running with 119, 110, 61.5, and 129. I even connected 118 back up to give it another try and the OTA timer problem came back. So for now I disconnected 118 again and have 129 in its place on the DDP44 switch. I reported everything to Dish. Maybe it will be a clue for them to figure out what is causing this strange OTA timer issue.

I just started having the same issues as others in this thread.
I have two VIP622 receivers and now none of the OTA timers I have set are firing. I have deleted the timers and reprogrammed them. I go into the guide and reset the timers and they show up in the schedule and Timers list. After a few hours or overnight the scheduled recordings just disappear. I still show the timer on the timer list but when I click on the timer it shows no episodes to record. This has to be an issue with L622. I never had an issue before this SW release. I spoke to E* support and they said they will look into it and they hope they will have a fix in 24 hours.

I just started having the same issues as others in this thread.
I have two VIP622 receivers and now none of the OTA timers I have set are firing. I have deleted the timers and reprogrammed them. I go into the guide and reset the timers and they show up in the schedule and Timers list. After a few hours or overnight the scheduled recordings just disappear. I still show the timer on the timer list but when I click on the timer it shows no episodes to record. This has to be an issue with L622. I never had an issue before this SW release. I spoke to E* support and they said they will look into it and they hope they will have a fix in 24 hours.

Do you have a 1000+ dish? I disconnected 118 and the OTA timers started to work normal. See my post #34

Do you still get the the local HD channels from Dish?

Yes, I still get the HD local channels from Dish. My OTA timers for ABC, CBS, and NBC started acting up last May. I called Dish about it several times with no results. I found out from another member from another forum from the St Louis area that by disconnecting 118 the OTA timers would work properly.

Yes, I still get the HD local channels from Dish. My OTA timers for ABC, CBS, and NBC started acting up last May. I called Dish about it several times with no results. I found out from another member from another forum from the St Louis area that by disconnecting 118 the OTA timers would work properly.

I'll go and try it now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts