OTA Timer Scheduling Disappeared

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Thanks to all. Disconnecting the 118 and doing a check switch and downloading the program guide again did the trick. Kind of bizarre that this problem would have popped up for me after three years of no problems. Oh well, the fact that it appears fixed is all that matters for now. I'll wait and see what happens when I check again tomorrow before taking a deep breath. The dish I have is the one that DISH installed 3 years ago. I think I'll wait to see if this fix holds before I get a new dish. Thanks to everyone.

The 129 sat was replaced this year or late last year and it is all new and very powerful in signal strengths. The 61.5 sat is older from old Echostar sat and the defunct Voom company. I wasn't aware that St.Louis was on 61.5 as well but I guess DISH is trying to cover all dish configurations in order to cover line of sight issues.

My point is that if your hd locals are coming off of either 129 , 61.5 or 118 sats , you should eliminate the redundant satellites. IF you have hd receivers and hd programming , then eliminate either 61.5 or 129 or in your case both 129 and 118 sats so there is no conflicts with the ota timers. This to me is the cause of all the ota timer problems. In DISH's zeal to cover all different line of sight issues and all possible sat configurations , they didn't know that having multiple sats for hd locals would cause ota timer problems.

My name based recording features were gone on my ota timers when I had both 61.5 and 129 hooked up together for my locals, that could be had off of either 61.5 or 129 sats. Funny this doesn't affect the national sat channels in hd that can be had from either 129 or 61.5 sats. The name based recording still works on them regardless.

I think this is the solution to all the ota timers disappearing or not working. So lets see what configurations we have with DISH.

eastern arc 1000.4 sat dish -77/72.7/61.5.
western arc 1000.2 sat dish -119/110/129.
internationals 500plus/1000plus - 118-119 can be paired with 129.
dish 500 + side sat dish - 119/110 + 61.5 or 129 side sat dish.

IF you don't mix the different arc sats or combine redundant sats that have your locals or on all three sats, 129 or 118 or 61.5 like St.Louis does, you should have no more problems with your ota timers. It seems to me that DISH should eliminate the locals off of 118 since this adds a triple threat. This is why DISH says they don't support different configurations where they are mixed up. I have called and tech support always says they don't recommend or support mixing or duplicating the HD national channels using both 129 and 61.5.

Good info. Thanks MikeD-C05

129 over 61.5 & 118.7

129 is coded to be used before 61.5. St.Louis is on 3 birds 61.5, 118.7, & 129. 61.5 & 129 have spotbeams 118.7 is conus thing is you can't use 118.7 & have HD unless you live in the spotbeam of either 61.5 or 129. Due to the fact that if you have either of the HD birds the your signal is directed to either to 61.5 or 129 before 118.7.

Great infomration

Glad I found this thread, I was just checking all of my timers getting ready ready for the new Fall season and noticed that Heroes and House wasn't showing up and both record from OTA. I live in St. Peters Mo. so I followed the suggestions and disconnected 118, ran a check switch and all of the OTA timers seem to have filled in now. Luckily my 44 switch is is the furnace room right behind my TV room in the basement so its pretty easy to get to. Thanks for the great information all!!!:)

Is this why my VCR missed the Na$car race today? I set the Dish timer for the HD local channel.............The VCR ran perfect, but the screen was blank!

What do I lose if I disconnect 118

I have the St Louis area timer problem also (722 on the western arc). What does 118 provide me that would disappear?

I have 119, 110 and 61.5. So, I cannot disconnect anything. I also see to have had the timer issues longer than any of you.

"This to me is the cause of all the ota timer problems. In DISH's zeal to cover all different line of sight issues and all possible sat configurations , they didn't know that having multiple sats for hd locals would cause ota timer problems.

My name based recording features were gone on my ota timers when I had both 61.5 and 129 hooked up together for my locals, that could be had off of either 61.5 or 129 sats. Funny this doesn't affect the national sat channels in hd that can be had from either 129 or 61.5 sats. The name based recording still works on them regardless."

Thanks for the answer. I have been searching for the reason for the OTA timer problem and a fix for about a year. I am in the Atlanta DMA and receive the 61.5, 110, 119, and 129 satellites and the Atlanta HD stations from both 61.5 and 129. Initially, they were only on the 129 satellite.

If I disconnect either 61.5 or 129, I will loose some of the sports networks (I subscribe to the multi-sport package) and I will also loose some ability to receive the stronger satellite when strong thunderstorms are in the area, although I only rarely experience rain fade.

I will think about implementing the fix. Maybe Dish will fix the problem.

I live in the DFW area and just discovered I have the same problem. Right now I have 110, 119, and 61.5. In the past Dish took me off 61.5, then put up an oval dish looking at 3 sats, then removed one of those LNBs and put back the side 61.5 dish. ?????
Anyway, does someone have a recommendation for me to get back to when my OTA timers were working properly? Also I had just recently added Remote Access. If I cancel that, would that help?

According to the dish list your hd locals are on both 61.5 and 110 sats. This means you need to go with a dish 1000.2 sat dish(110/119/129) and eliminate the 61.5 sat. This would fix your ota timer and you would be all western arc and have all your hd national channels covered too. The good thing about western arc dish 1000.2 is that the signal strengths are very, very strong in comparison to eastern arc (72.7/77/61.5), so this means less rain fade.

Thanks,
I tried to explain the problem to a Dish customer service tech. He seemed clueless and sent me two replacement receivers that came in yesterday so I haven't opened the box yet. I tried to expalin how unlikely I thought it was that two receivers would go bad at the same time, but.....
I'll now try to get them to replace my two dish setup w/ a single 1000.2

IF all else fails you can ask to be connected to customer retention department or cancellation, and tell them you want the 1000.2 sat dish or you will have to think about DIRECTV and their offer to go with them. This should get you a new sat dish . Just tell them you don't want two sats anymore and you would like a single larger dish instead. Trying to explain to DISH that the hd locals being spread out on multiple sats in the same dish install- is causing ota timers not to work with name based recording - would fall on deaf ears. They are not willing to admit this yet. Even though other members & myself figured this all out a couple of weeks ago.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts