This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

OTA trouble with E-86

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jguy

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 28, 2004
I live only 16 miles from 4 Local HD channels that are all in the same direction(02919). I bought MegaWave's MTV-1 that is amplified becouse the antenna selector on TitanTV showed that it would be "excellent" from my location. I moved it around and faced every which direction and I cant keep the signal locked with my E-86. I Tried with and without it plugged in. I can get it to keep a station locked for about 10 seconds and it will drop off a second and come back for 10. Any suggestions? I dont wanna do anything drastic becouse im hoping DTV will have all of the local in HD soon. Thanks

Try a $5 set of rabbit ears you are close to the towers you might be experiencing multipath. Don't hold your breath for local HDTV.

At 16mi you should not need to amplify even a 1Kw signal. Try the inexpensive Zenith Silver Sensor at Value Electronics.

As a former E86 customer, I HATE this particular model, however, its OTA capabilities worked better for me than other models I had tried. I was able yo tune stations that were as far as 42mi away from my location.

I agree with slacker... if you are that close and all the towers are in the same direction, a silver sensor will work wonders for you! I used one and it worked great! Seriously, you will be surprised how well that thing will work.

Status
Please reply by conversation.