OTA Tuner for DTV on PC ?

Several on the market now. I don't remember the one I have. Browse Amazon or MicroCenter and pick one.

I just don't recall hearing of a bad one for years. I have a Radeon 4600 video card, but can't see what the TV card is without opening it up. I use Windows Media Center for the software. Your TV card will have some minimum requirements for the video card, IIRC.

I've gotten some crappy K-world tuners. They work for awhile but then lose the ability to tune to different channels without a reset.

HDHomeRun tuners work great. They connect with a network connection and you access them across the network. They have good sensitivity, but not the best. The DVICO Fusion tuners have a little better sensitivity and come in USB, PCI and PCIe forms. The drivers for the HdHomeRun and DVICO tuners both are very stable, the apps that come with them are not the best. (at least for my purposes) From reading other posts, the Hauppauge 950Q has a sensitive tuner as well.

HDHomeRun tuners work great. They connect with a network connection and you access them across the network. They have good sensitivity, but not the best. The DVICO Fusion tuners have a little better sensitivity and come in USB, PCI and PCIe forms. The drivers for the HdHomeRun and DVICO tuners both are very stable, the apps that come with them are not the best. (at least for my purposes) From reading other posts, the Hauppauge 950Q has a sensitive tuner as well.

I will second that. If you are looking for something to use in your home (and not portable), HDHomeRun is the way to go. I have several other cards (mostly ATI) in PCs and all of them from time to time lose their minds.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)