OTA vs. SAT- The Masters

adamneh

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 4, 2004
On Thursday and Friday, UHD broadcast the Masters. At the same time, the CBS affiliate here (Dallas/Ft. Worth) was airing the same broadcast in HD. This was the first time for me to experience the difference...and it was stunning. The OTA was much sharper. The colors on UHD were soft and the picture clarity wasn't even close. I am no expert on PQ, but if there was any example of HD and HD-lite....this was it.

OTA will always look better as long as no multicasting is going on. It was stupid for UHD to even try and compete.

adamneh said:
On Thursday and Friday, UHD broadcast the Masters. At the same time, the CBS affiliate here (Dallas/Ft. Worth) was airing the same broadcast in HD. This was the first time for me to experience the difference...and it was stunning. The OTA was much sharper. The colors on UHD were soft and the picture clarity wasn't even close. I am no expert on PQ, but if there was any example of HD and HD-lite....this was it.
Yep, there is no comparing full bitrate OTA to anything currently being offered by DBS providers. "HD over OTA is the Only Way to Make My Day!" :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)