Ouch, D's new Advertising Graphic

bkushner

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 2, 2005
Audubon, NJ
This has to sting old Charlie!

I would assume the ones you never heard of would be VOOM!

Attachments

• 01b_DIRECTV_stomps_competition_040208.jpg
    01b_DIRECTV_stomps_competition_040208.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 2,604
Too bad for D* that the Voom channels when they do things right are better than half of the channels they have.

Well, I thought I'd never watch Gallery.
But I really like Julian Beever's sidewalk drawings !!!!

There is more interesting content on Voom than all the premium(repeat) movie channels combined.

Well, I thought I'd never watch Gallery.
But I really like Julian Beever's sidewalk drawings !!!!

There is more interesting content on Voom than all the premium(repeat) movie channels combined.

Problem is once you see it then what? It's rehashed over and over again.

Shouldn't the correct grammar in the ad be "Including Ones You've Never Heard Of"?

I guess D* is too busy turning on new HD to worry about proof reading.

Shouldn't the correct grammar in the ad be "Including Ones You've Never Heard Of"?

I guess D* is too busy turning on new HD to worry about proof reading.
The problem is, that involves an apostrophe ('). Today everyone is terrified of the apostrophe for some reason.

This ad is great! I hope it motivates a bunch of people away from Dish so that maybe Charlie & Co. will finally wake up and do something for a change.

Give Directv credit, I love where they got 73 from, my last check was that it was around 45.

And for the love of god, RSN's that you cant get, and PPV's do not count! But we all know that already, dont we?

Give Directv credit, I love where they got 73 from, my last check was that it was around 45.

And for the love of god, RSN's that you cant get, and PPV's do not count! But we all know that already, dont we?

Except that Direct is counting them for their own total. Wouldn't it be totally unethical to count them for yourself and not for your competitor?

I noticed last night watching Deadliest Catch that it looked like Discovery Channel HD changed their logo some.

Yeah well if Dish get those 25 National HD Channels added by end of the summer that will all change.. :)

Yeah. I went through doing some counts to compare DISH/DIRECT/FIOS/U-Verse and you have to throw in PPV and VOOM to get up to anything approaching 45 for DISH (I realize they count on the VOOM channels but they seem a huge waste to me most of the time). DIRECT is obviously the clear leader. U-Verse does surprisingly well compared to FIOS but many people have issues with the PQ of U-Verse HD and both trail DISH and Direct by over 10 channels.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts