Our live coverage of Microsoft's new Xbox event starts May 21st at 12:30PM ET / 9:30AM PT!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
It seems to me this whole "used game" thing of worrying about "copying" games could simply be solved with the same way the 360 deals with it, by allowing you to install, but forcing you to provide the disc every time you played the game. Wouldn't that solve the problem?

Of course it would solve that problem, but that isn't the problem they want solved. They hate the used game market, and want to get rid of it.

This solves a bigger problem IMO. I'm not a criminal, I don't need a physical disc in the drive if I own a game to prove I still have it. Let me use the license I've purchased to play and authenticate online subtley if not seamlessly and let me just play. That has drawbacks because you need to balance that with the potential for one person buying it and just sharing it with x numbers of other consoles. As long as those restrictions are meaningful but not too obtrusive to how I use consoles then game on.

A lot of conflicting information about fees and whatnot, will be interesting to see what sticks.

They had me at HDMI passthrough, now they need to not mess up the DRM architecture so much so that I'm the only person that owns one.

This solves a bigger problem IMO. I'm not a criminal, I don't need a physical disc in the drive if I own a game to prove I still have it. Let me use the license I've purchased to play and authenticate online subtley if not seamlessly and let me just play. That has drawbacks because you need to balance that with the potential for one person buying it and just sharing it with x numbers of other consoles. As long as those restrictions are meaningful but not too obtrusive to how I use consoles then game on.

A lot of conflicting information about fees and whatnot, will be interesting to see what sticks.

They had me at HDMI passthrough, now they need to not mess up the DRM architecture so much so that I'm the only person that owns one.

I agree with a lot of this right here. It will be nice to finally have all my games stored right on my hard drive. I won't have to keep a bookshelf full of game cases anymore or get up to find the game I want to play and put it in. I planned to download most of my games if the prices are competitive for that very feature and for the simple convenience of not going to the store. Now with full PC style installation I can take advantage of this convenience even if I happen to find a game on sale on Amazon.

Now if they want to do PC style restrictions they need to do PC style pricing and sales too. Profits should be up with used games effectively gone and downloads becoming more popular. Now give us a break on prices for the rights we are giving up.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Won't work for me. My 2 sons each have their own live accounts. There no way I'll pay retail x 3 if both myself and kids want to play the same game.

I'm in the same boat as you, I think I will hold on to our 360's until they're obsolete. The important games for us Madden, NCAA, NHL and Tiger Woods will be out well before the launch of the one. My kids play COD, I'm sure that will still be available for this year and maybe even next.

As a current PS3 owner, I was interested to see if Microsoft would give some compelling features that would make me want to abandon the Sony line in favor of the Xbox one. After watching the event, I still feel pretty loyal to the PS4 even though I admittedly don't know very much about it.

Microsoft is trying to be the lone device for your living room. I get that. At the same time, I just want a machine that can play games. I've never been a fan of Kinect, so that whole line of voice interaction isn't really appealing. I feel like the Xbox One event focused way too heavily on features that gamers aren't really interested in. The casual gamer or non-gamer that would use these features won't shell out for an Xbox One. They'll just use what comes with their current televisions/CPUs. I bet the system will be a great gaming platform, but so far they haven't really shown what it can do.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)