Our live coverage of Microsoft's new Xbox event starts May 21st at 12:30PM ET / 9:30AM PT!

I'll be watching the live stream via the IGN App on my Roku. They have pre-show coverage starting at 12:00 and post show coverage when it is over. I trust them more as a video game news source than the verge or anyone else. IGN also has a 360 video app or you can watch just the reveal directly from Microsoft on the 360. Spike is also airing it live on TV but I'm only going to resort to this if the broadband options can't keep up with the demand.

To me sources like Engadget, The Verge, and Spike are good backups but unlike IGN video games are just a small part of what they do. When I want video game news I would rather go to a site like IGN where games are the top priority year round, not just when a big event happens.

If you want to watch via IGN on your computer you can do it here. http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/05/08/watch-the-xbox-reveal-event-live-on-ign

Last edited:
Great... as if I needed another distraction today..

Hopefully I'll be able to abstain from temptation and just read the rundown later.

I just happen to have today off so I will be watching live.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Watching the IGN live stream now. I decided to watch via my 360 instead of the Roku for old time's sake. The picture quality is much better than I got from my office PC during the PS4 event. It worries me a bit that they chose to do this during the middle of a work day. It makes me think they might not have much to show today so they don't care if people watch it. They might be holding off on a lot of the details until E3 later this summer.

If anyone else is able to watch in the middle of the day today and wants to talk about it I will be here.

Xbox One. I like the name much better than infinity, Durango, or fusion.

This is so much better then the PS4 event.

See I already don't like where this is going. The first two things they are showing are kinect and TV. I have no interest in kinect and I don't need my game system to control live TV. I have a hopper for that. This is a game console and I find it discouraging that the first things they are showing have nothing to do with games.

See I already don't like where this is going. The first two things they are showing are kinect and TV. I have no interest in kinect and I don't need my game system to control live TV. I have a hopper for that. This is a game console and I find it discouraging that the first things they are showing have nothing to do with games.

And now Skype and ESPN but still no games.

Xbox honestly isn't just a gaming system anymore. Starting with Netflix years ago MS has been positioning the Xbox to be a home entertainment center. Yes, Gaming is still a core part of it, but it's very apparent that Microsoft, with it's path towards homogeneous design with Windows 8, that it is looking beyond just a simple box that simply plays games.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)