Our live coverage of Microsoft's new Xbox event starts May 21st at 12:30PM ET / 9:30AM PT!

See I already don't like where this is going. The first two things they are showing are kinect and TV. I have no interest in kinect and I don't need my game system to control live TV. I have a hopper for that. This is a game console and I find it discouraging that the first things they are showing have nothing to do with games.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

You already know it can play games. Why do you need them to show you that? I just want to know if it will work with Directv.

Xbox honestly isn't just a gaming system anymore. Starting with Netflix years ago MS has been positioning the Xbox to be a home entertainment center. Yes, Gaming is still a core part of it, but it's very apparent that Microsoft, with it's path towards homogeneous design with Windows 8, that it is looking beyond just a simple box that simply plays games.

That's fine. I want other features too. They need to remember who got them here though. We are now 20 minutes in and they haven't mentioned anything about gaming. On a gaming console games should come first and everything else is secondary.

You already know it can play games. Why do you need them to show you that? I just want to know if it will work with Directv.

The thing is, there are plenty of standalone TV boxes that will be hundreds of dollars cheaper than this will cost. They could probably release a $100 box similar to Apple TV and do the same thing. I know it can play games. I want to see why this is better than my current systems or PS4 for gaming.

For this to work for me, it must have two HDMI outputs. As I dont want the Surround Sound on all the time in the bedroom, but i want to use XBOX ONE to control the TV all the time. :)

I'm just wondering how much power this thing sucks down.. I feel like this thing needs power like an air conditioner...

See I already don't like where this is going. The first two things they are showing are kinect and TV. I have no interest in kinect and I don't need my game system to control live TV. I have a hopper for that. This is a game console and I find it discouraging that the first things they are showing have nothing to do with games.
Thats what I like about it, I dont use my XBOX 360 much for playing games.

We will be hearing a lot about games coming up and more at E3.

For this to work for me, it must have two HDMI outputs. As I dont want the Surround Sound on all the time in the bedroom, but i want to use XBOX ONE to control the TV all the time. :)

Does your surround sound have HDMI pass through? If I just turn on the TV and dish box without turning on the surround sound both of my AVRs will just pass the sound and picture through to the TV.

Let's hope EA and MS's "relationship" is better than that of it and Nintendo..

OOOO... NBA Live is finally coming back! I guess they were tired of having NBA 2K kicking its ass..

Finally some games a half hour in... Even if they are EA sports games that I couldn't care less about.

Does your surround sound have HDMI pass through? If I just turn on the TV and dish box without turning on the surround sound both of my AVRs will just pass the sound and picture through to the TV.
Nope turn off the surround sound and you lose picture. :( Thats the only thing this receiver is missing.

Ok. I'm not into racing either but this more along the lines of what I was waiting for. Now if they would only show some actual gameplay instead of all these hype trailers from EA and turn 10.

Hmmmm... Remedy is mentioned.. this could be good..

Too bad that trailer wasn't..

Ok I really need to stop watching this.. Not that it's bad but I'm getting nothing done at work..

Hard to tell the video quality on this web stream.

Also these videos are not realtime people playing games, but pre rendered demos.

Right. Sony showed a couple games with actual gameplay. We haven't seen any of that so far today.

Disappointing end...

How about some real game play?

A lot of what they showed there I can do on my DISH Hopper and iPad using the DISH Explorer app.

Ok some of the integrated TV features were pretty cool. I found that event to be very disappointing though. Over an hour and not one bit of gameplay at a video game console reveal.

One thing to consider for those of you excited by the TV stuff. The 360 already works with live TV for select providers. Comcast Infinity is one of the few that it currently works with and they just happened to be the one shown today. Neither Dish nor Directv currently work with the 360. I fully expect them to increase their TV providers and add Dish and Directv since they put so much emphasis on it today but I wouldn't assume that this automatically works with all providers.

I was a 360 owner first this gen but I have to say I liked Sony's gamer first presentation much more than this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)