Out of sync voices

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Axxonn

Original poster
Mar 22, 2008
Parker, CO
Has anyone had issues with voices out of sync watching HD shows? My HD-DVD player works fine, it is only when I watch HD on D* that I have the issue. I have tried using both HDMI and component video cables. Any ideas? Thanks.

Has anyone had issues with voices out of sync watching HD shows? My HD-DVD player works fine, it is only when I watch HD on D* that I have the issue. I have tried using both HDMI and component video cables. Any ideas? Thanks.

Sometimes a reset of the receiver clears up this problem. Do it through the menu, not with the red button.

There is an audio issue on some HR21's running software version 0206. They are working on it and a fix should be out soon. If you are interested in testing the fix it is available tonight at 11pm through the CE program.

I have this issue with OTA and my HR20-100. The audio is probably 20 to 30ms ahead of the video. I can set my preamp to delay the audio, but them I'm sunk when I watch the satellite feed.

I have tried the red button reset. It sometimes fixes it for a while, but it usually starts up again. Also, it does not seem to matter if the audio is going through the tv speakers or through the surround sound system. Where is the menu reset on the hr20? Thanks for the advice.

I have tried the red button reset. It sometimes fixes it for a while, but it usually starts up again. Also, it does not seem to matter if the audio is going through the tv speakers or through the surround sound system. Where is the menu reset on the hr20? Thanks for the advice.

I think it depends on which software version you are running. On mine, you hit menu, set up, system set up, then reset.

Thanks for the help. If it is the signal strengh, is there anything that can be done? Can D* fix a low signal issue?

Well i ran into a major problem while resetting. I was working on transferring the Pro Bowl over to DVD and the audio was out of sync. My main concern was the interviews at the end of the game but instead of waiting to reset until after the game itself was done, I went ahead and did it after the 3rd Quarter. Big Mistake. Before the reset for some reason the game although titled "NFL Football" was not grouped with two other games titled "NFL Football" which I thought was funky. Upon restarting itself I went to complete the recording but found the game was gone and my free space had jumped from 33% to 43%. So after 20 years of recording Pro Bowls I am left with an incomplete year. Thank god I got the Super Bowl before the Pro Bowl...it was grouped with it and likely would have been lost...at which point I think I would have gone apeshit on Directv's tech department.

Point being....be careful with the reset if you notice anything funky in your playlist :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.