Outage?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Trainnut

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 14, 2005
I'm getting a "Searching for Satellite" message on some channels. Not an all inclusive list but I'm getting it on ESPNnews, ESPN Classic, TVLand, CSTV and some others. All other channels fine. Any ideas, worth a call to D*?

Thanks

Post your signal levels, are alot of them reading below 50 or so, or even 0? If so, do the low/zero reading transponders have a relation, i.e. are only even or only odds that are out, or a combination?

Does it happen to this receiver only (if you have more than one)?

Last edited:
No rain, not even any elevated cloudtops to my south. Did run thru the signal strenght on the dish and there were some transponders below 50% but everything else is 90+. Checked other receiver it is receiving CSTV, tried a reboot on other and it is still searching for signal.

Multi-Switch.Had an RCA 3x4 do the same thing, sometimes it would SFSS, sometimes it worked, when i checked the Trans, the odds were lower than the evens, i changed the customers MS and the problem went away.If you don't have a multi-swith, probably the LNB

Noticed the "missing" channels had come back, but now they're searching again. Sounds like an equipment problem if no one else is experiencing the same. By RCA 3x4 are you talking about 3 LNB with 4 receivers? That is what I have.

Trainnut said:
Noticed the "missing" channels had come back, but now they're searching again. Sounds like an equipment problem if no one else is experiencing the same. By RCA 3x4 are you talking about 3 LNB with 4 receivers? That is what I have.
No,
A RCA 3x4 switch is a multi swich that would be between your dish and your receiver, usually mounted close to the dish, looks like a rectangle with coax going to it.
If you don't have a switch , it's probably a LNB as mentioned above.

Jimbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts