Outer Range

rockymtnhigh

Hardly Normal
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 14, 2006
Normal, IL
Anyone watching the new Josh Brolin show Outer Range on Amazon Prime?

It feels like Yellowstone meets Stranger Things. First two episodes are out and I was pretty intrigued by it, although I feel like I need to rewatch a few scenes.

Reactions: FTA4PA
It isn't moving particularly fast. The first two episodes covered about a pilot's worth of ground-laying. If they're going at that pace, there needs to be more than eight episodes. The production costs can't be that great. I'm also not a fan of things being out of focus so much of the time.

Reactions: TheKrell
Plan to try it when all episodes are available.

Friend suggested last week to check out Slow Horses on Apple, 'Only four episodes'. Found out the hard way only four episodes SO FAR. :shh

The darkness did bother me.

I have a former student who was a production assistant and a background actor in it. She keeps saying keep watching.

This show was just plain weird. I suppose if they make another season I will watch to see where it goes but not exactly looking forward to it.

I started bingeing Night Sky last week, though I heard some complaints that it was slow. It roughly has a similar premise as Outer Range (mysterious secret portal-type thingy on someone's property). It's so much better than Outer Range. Once you get past the first couple of episodes (which are a bit slow but engaging thanks to great acting), it really picks up. And Sissy Spacek is so good in this.

I started bingeing Night Sky last week, though I heard some complaints that it was slow. It roughly has a similar premise as Outer Range (mysterious secret portal-type thingy on someone's property). It's so much better than Outer Range. Once you get past the first couple of episodes (which are a bit slow but engaging thanks to great acting), it really picks up. And Sissy Spacek is so good in this.
I agree with you on both. I got fed up with Outer Range and quit watching after 5 or 6 episodes. Maybe it gets better as well.

I think I have given up? Seams like something always looks more interesting...Think Im 3 1/2 episodes in?....And Barry season 3 was a dud