Outputs on VIP612 DVR

You need to contact Dish and enable the USB port before you can transfer anything. I know you can do it with the 722, 622, so I don't see why you wouldn't be able to with the 612. Not sure of the fee they charge, don't have any EHD's on my 722K. I think people are using up to a 1tb external drive now on the usb ports.

Just don't plan on then watching that video on anything other than a ViP DVR on your account.

To be a little less cryptic, the 612 can archive recordings saved in its internal HDD to the External Hard Drive (EHD) where they can be played back through the receiver.

The recordings are HEAVILY encrypted when they are transferred to the EHD, and are totally undecipherable, yet they are copyable to other drives, but still can ONLY be played through the Dish receiver.

To be a little less cryptic, the 612 can archive recordings saved in its internal HDD to the External Hard Drive (EHD) where they can be played back through the receiver.

The recordings are HEAVILY encrypted when they are transferred to the EHD, and are totally undecipherable, yet they are copyable to other drives, but still can ONLY be played through the Dish receiver.

Well, that's not ENTIRELY true. If you run linux...but for the typical user, it's impossible.

It is entirely true, with linux you can copy the files but you still cannot play them anywhere except on a Dish VIP 211.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)