Outrageous cost to upgrade!!

I doubt it. Late payments come to mind though.... I've gotten many freebies from Dish and I'm still a Plan A.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Forum Runner
i think he did say there was one missed payment because Dish somehow kicked him off autopay before i figured it out and put it back on...

If people would read the whole thread, they would see that I've been on auto pay for years. When I called the accounts csr said that all my payments wee on time since I had auto-pay. So that is not a factor. My credit score is over 800. So I have no idea why Dish wants so much for me to upgrade.

delidirk said:
To OP.... There are dozens of factors they could determine why you don't qualify for the $100 upgrade. Also NOTE the disclaimer on the promotion does say "for qualified accounts". First are you a DHA or PIA (Pay In Adance) account? If PIA youll have to purchase. The other factor could be those account credits you we told about and that doesn't reference things like free programming promotions. But if over the years y are a customer that whines and complains about everything and threatens to leave and dish trying to retain You does you a FAVOR and gives you multiple credits off and fee waives etc you are an account that is not making them any money so won't qualify for some promotions like the hopper Upgrade where they are giving You hundreds of dollars in free equipment. Also if you don't have the protection plan, depending what level of customer you are you may have a $95 install fee but dish will allow you to add it at the time of upgrade and then you either keep it for four monts or paya $25 cancel fee after install.

From your comments and general attitude I'm thinking it may be the later. <G>

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

I don't think you've been reading the OP's comments, then. I am in the exact same situation, except I have "only" been a customer for 5 years. Always been on Auto-Pay never asked for any discounts, fantastic credit, etc. The only discounts provided to me have been at the prompting of a csr, not because I've asked.

I shouldn't be treated like a 2nd (or C) class customer because of past screw ups by Dish.

Everyone who has a legitimate beef with Dish over these upgrades should keep bumping these threads to keep them in Dish's view.

There also appears to be two "scripts" at play regarding DHPP and the installation fee. Some folks are getting it waived completely, and some (including me when I asked during a chat) are being quoted $15.00.

I was denied the promo price for the Hopper upgrade. I am on auto-pay, have excellent credit, and currently have a 722 and a 922. I do have two account credits totaling $15/month due to various Dish issues (3 hardware failures in 6 months and a plethora of other problems). Before the Hopper came out I was told I'd be getting the upgrade promo, but when I called to set it up I was told it was not available to me. Even Executive Resolutions said "the pricing is set by the computer and we can't change it." Nobody will tell me what I need to do to qualify. I did get the approval to cancel my contract without penalty and am considering going that route. Until now I have always been a huge fan of Dish, despite a number of problems with the equipment and service, and highly recommended Dish to friends and family, Now I just have hard feelings every time I turn on my receiver. There is nothing more off-putting than basically being told you are not valued as a customer but nobody will tell you why.

Good luck with the ceo email. It took me 3 times over two months and finally the last one after waiting several weeks on a reply I contacted DIRT for the second time and after they talked with their supervisor I got a call from the executive office. This was on an unrelated issue though.

Plan C is to pay $200 for the Hopper to lease it. The OP didn't get a lease option.

Plan A and B is the $100 lease option. I would call the purchase only option Plan D.

Plan C is to pay $200 for the Hopper to lease it. The OP didn't get a lease option.

Plan A and B is the $100 lease option. I would call the purchase only option Plan D.

No my quoted price was lease. $200 each for the Hopper and 3 x$100 for the Joey.
Purchase is $449 for a Hopper. In a PM, Mary told me that some people were being quoted over $1100 for an upgrade.

No my quoted price was lease. $200 each for the Hopper and 3 x$100 for the Joey.
Purchase is $449 for a Hopper. In a PM, Mary told me that some people were being quoted over $1100 for an upgrade.

There is no way I would pay that much to LEASE anything for TV, nor would I PAY that much just for something that is not a necessity. Did you tell DISH that if they believed you were really going to pay that that you have a bridge you would like to sell them too? :D

There is no way I would pay that much to LEASE anything for TV, nor would I PAY that much just for something that is not a necessity. Did you tell DISH that if they believed you were really going to pay that that you have a bridge you would like to sell them too? :D

People need to factor in also what it would cost them to buy the setup they want from other sources too,like EBay,Solid Signal,ect.:)

I bought that bridge.;):D

People also need to factor in what it would cost to switch providers. And in the case of the outrageous amount some are being quoted, maybe they ought to be thinking real hard about that.

Sounds like some of you have given Dish a chance to upgrade them, and obviously Dish does not care to give you any deals except for charging you full price.

You either keep what you already got, or go with Directv and sign up as a new customer with them.

Over the years I have learned that Dish does stupid things, and there is no point in trying to argue with them as there is nothing they can do to try to make an exception. If their computer says your a bad customer, there is nothing they can do to overide the system and change it.

I paid $100 for 1 hopper and 2joeys. No install fee and no auto pay or protection plan.I once had a credit of $10 per month for six months.

In the past I got my upgrade to a 722k and hd for free.

Guess I'm one of the lucky ones.Thanks Dish.

I think the answer they give about you getting some credits in the past is BS. I really doubt that is the reason. Sounds like they're just covering something up.

You seriously need to escelate this up higher than a typical csr. The leadt they could do since you hace been a customer for 14 years is give you new customer offer.

You should ask...."do you really want me to give my money to Directv?

Cahnging to Direct is a no go. There is such a thing as a WIFE. She has figured out how to use the 722, which is quite an accomplishment. She's a techno phobe. Plus there is the amount that I have on my ehd's.

If I don't upgrade, I'll just stick with my 722/211 set up. The way I have my setup is that I can watch TV@ from the 722 via coax and the hdmi out from my 211 on the tv I have next to my computer. It works. Even if I got a good offer, I wouldn't switch till the bugs are worked out, ota is availabe and duo integration.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)