Over-the-air very underdeveloped in the US?

It may work for stronger VHF-Hi stations, however that small mud-flap type antenna is not optimal for VHF wavelengths,.

Ageed it is not optimal for VHF but it actually manages to do a good job down to Channel 6. Again you need to be relatively close. I would never recommend it fora fringe area but I was impressed at what it can do for the price and size.

Ageed it is not optimal for VHF but it actually manages to do a good job down to Channel 6. Again you need to be relatively close. I would never recommend it fora fringe area but I was impressed at what it can do for the price and size.

I bought a $12 mud flap antenna from Dollar General just for sh*ts and giggs to see how well it would do, as I am 45 miles from my towers. It did surprisingly well. As good or better than my $7 RCA rabbit ears..

For the sake of clarity, the second window has closed, but the applications have not all been processed yet.
My bad. You did make this clear in addition to the note that the window for "non-participants" (those who still want an RF channel but weren't assigned one) would be announced soon and open 60 days later.

In Green Bay, Wisconsin, a few stations are planning to repack:

WFRV-TV 5 (CBS) Green Bay - RF channel moves from 39 to 22

WLUK-TV 11 (FOX) Green Bay - RF channel moves from 11 to 12

WCWF 14 (The CW) Suring - RF channel moves from 21 to 15

WLWK-CD 22 (NBC) Sturgeon Bay - RF channel moves from 22 to 19

WGBA-TV 26 (NBC) Green Bay - RF channel moves from 41 to 14

WACY-TV 32 (MyNetworkTV) Appleton - RF channel moves from 27 to 36

WPNE-TV 38 (PBS) Green Bay - RF channel moves from 42 to 25

Perhaps more important are the phases in which the stations move. DTV makes the where considerably less interesting in a market that already covers the TV band; presumably most already have a full-range antenna.

For example, WFRV and WACY transition in phase 3 and WLUK moves in phase 9 (according to the rabbitears phase maps).

Reactions: Justin Hill

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)