overscan with VOOM

neo0285

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 22, 2004
Maybe im crazy, but does anybody else see overscanning with their voom box. I have a kv34xbr800 and with voom there is some overscan while the same channel with my dish6000 is fine. Is this something unique to me or are other people noticing this also.

Try switching the STB resolution (the red button behind the door) and see if it makes a difference.

neo0285 said:
Maybe im crazy, but does anybody else see overscanning with their voom box. I have a kv34xbr800 and with voom there is some overscan while the same channel with my dish6000 is fine. Is this something unique to me or are other people noticing this also.

Overscan? Like the picture doesn't all quite fit on the screen? Mine does that. Most noticeable on the Voom commercial itself actually, where they show the phone number at the bottom of the screen.

I have the same exact image on my 96"x54" screen when switching between Dish & Voom on DiscHD. Your TV's may have excessive overscan, some are as much as 10%. Have you used a setup test disk to measure your overscan? My projector has about 3% overscan all the way around.

DarrellP said:
I have the same exact image on my 96"x54" screen when switching between Dish & Voom on DiscHD. Your TV's may have excessive overscan, some are as much as 10%. Have you used a setup test disk to measure your overscan? My projector has about 3% overscan all the way around.

I don't have one of those disks but I'll probably buy one. Sounds like a good thing to have.

The weird thing is that it only happens on my voom receiver. I have never seen overscan on my dish receiver, although that's just a SD 301. Nor have I seen any overscan on DVDs. I would think that if it were the TV that it would be present on more than just one device. I also tested it with component to make sure it wasn't just DVI and it did it on both.

Me Too

I have this overscan problem on my Hitachi 51G500. How do I sort this out? Do you have to open up the cabinet to fix this? If so, I have a service call for a new blue CRT tube (After just 2 months!! Ug!! rare for Hitachi) and I can ask him to adjust it for me.

Any/All suggestions welcome.

Cheers
James

I have a 51" Sony WS and I have the same overscan problems..... I've checked my TV with a overscan test pattern and everything seems ok. Outputting 1080i on VOOM STB. Still having the same problem...

Another thought/Question

As I mentioned before - I will be having the blue CRT replaced in my Hitachi 51G500 soon. Is calibration through a service menu part of that process? It would be nice if it were? Does anyone out there know if that is the case??

Cheers,

James

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)