Own a 811

hawks05

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 11, 2005
Moscow,ID
I watched the chat tonight and was in the chat here for some of it and have a question. I currently own my 811 and saw I can trade my 811 in for a leased 211 for a $49 fee. How much is it lease a piece of equipment and does anyone think there will be a deal for people who already own there equipment?

hawks05 said:
I watched the chat tonight and was in the chat here for some of it and have a question. I currently own my 811 and saw I can trade my 811 in for a leased 211 for a $49 fee. How much is it lease a piece of equipment and does anyone think there will be a deal for people who already own there equipment?
I too own my 811, and I'm afraid we've already seen our "deal". :down

I own an 811 also...from what they said, it will cost us $299 to upgrade to a ViP622...but do we get a rebate or not? And do I have to send in my 811 that I own...I'll gladly send the 501 in that I lease.

The way I understood it was that only 921/942 owners get the $200 rebate. We 811 guys foot the entire $299 bill. I'm still unclear as to if there is a way to keep our owned 811s.

Why would Dish want your 811's back?

1. They are soon-to-be obselete.

2. In the mean time, they could encourage you to keep them as a second receiver and collect the $4.95 extra per month.

noremac said:
Why would Dish want your 811's back?
1. They are soon-to-be obselete.
2. In the mean time, they could encourage you to keep them as a second receiver and collect the $4.95 extra per month.
It still has a resonable OTA tuner which I will use even after HD locals get delivered via sat. No downressing there! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)