Own you very own news truck!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Nah, you're right :D... Johns are sometimes overrated. I have actually thought of converting a conventional motorhome into a production vehicle, taking out the closets and fridge and using the space for racks. When we used to travel in a motorhome, I would have a camera set up on sticks (a tripod) in the front passenger side of the vehicle. The dinette table behind that front passenger seat housed the tape equipment (we're talking 80's technology here, all that space wouldn't be necessary today). With current equipment, that dinette table could be used for notebook PCs to support the video recording operation.

The Lady does not want to go outside .... The walk to the trailer means you have to find a stopping place... I did audio recording in a motorhome. The audio equipment in those days was the size of the NEW video equipment! I would want a decent place for one driver to take a nap while the other drove, but A trailer would be OK - in fact for cooking and for a good place to sleep and room for the grandkids, and for cooking! YES. Oh, did I mention cooking and baking cookies?

Here's a great solution... Install a tow hitch on the satellite truck and tow a small RV trailer (nothing larger than 20')... Best of both worlds, rack space remains intact in the truck and you have your sleeping quarters and a john :D ... Problem is, where do you park such a large monstrosity? ;)

Tron said:
Here's a great solution... Install a tow hitch on the satellite truck and tow a small RV trailer (nothing larger than 20')... Best of both worlds, rack space remains intact in the truck and you have your sleeping quarters and a john :D ... Problem is, where do you park such a large monstrosity? ;)

If the news trucks in my area are an example, park it where ever you like. Even in the middle of the sidewalk.

I wish someone could uplink anti-charlie propaganda with that truck onto his pizza system like they did to that big shot TV station owner in the Weird Al movie "UHF"! ;)

Dishman Dan said:
I wish someone could uplink anti-charlie propaganda with that truck onto his pizza system like they did to that big shot TV station owner in the Weird Al movie "UHF"! ;)

I'm betting if you did that and put up a slate talking about how the content providers were looking for too much of a cost increase, no one would bat an eye :p

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)