owned 625 being sold..

papalittle

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 19, 2005
Some old corn field, United States
I own a 625 that I was using prior to getting my hopper and want to sell it but I was told Dish will not activate it for the new owner. Something about recordings on the drive and how these recordings may upset someone and they could sue dish. if this is so how can I get dish to allow activation on it for the new owner?

Sounds like a load of BS to me. If you have your CA ID and Smart Card ID contact DIRT. They should fix you up.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Forum Runner

Adult material?

I am unaware that Dish could even know what is on the drive. Something fishy here. Maybe a "wild" CSR.

I transferred a 508, no problems, and I think it had "Boy Meets Boy" still on it.

A 625 will not work on EA. I had one, and sold it to purchase a 722, without issue. But that was a few years ago. ;)

As the others have mentioned, that does sound strange. I haven't noticed the recordings on the receiver ever causing an issue with being activated. I would like to check the receiver itself. Send me a PM with the Receiver and Smartcard ID's please.

I own a 625 that I was using prior to getting my hopper and want to sell it but I was told Dish will not activate it for the new owner. Something about recordings on the drive and how these recordings may upset someone and they could sue dish. if this is so how can I get dish to allow activation on it for the new owner?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts