Owning equipment

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
No. All monthly fees would remain the same.

Personally, after checking out both DISH and cable's offerings, the Genie HR44 has proven itself enough to my family that we actually don't mind being under contract with it.

Plus, it appears (based on recent news stories) that the Genie is "future-proofed" enough to even allow 4K programming if/when that becomes widely available (remember that most broadcasters aren't even at 1080p yet).

If leasing the equipment buys my family the tech to withstand another 5 years' worth of changes in the industry before DirecTV allows us another deal to upgrade, I think we'll do fine (we went 5 years or so with our first HD setup until DirecTV allowed a free upgrade).

I lease most of my receivers but I own an older receiver that I can activate and deactivate as needed. A leased receiver has to be returned if is deactivated. I keep it in the spare bedroom for guests so I can turn it on or off when guests arrive.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)