Ozzie Guillen Big Mouth....

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Yeah, but if you wait a few hours (or until after the site move tomorrow) you'll see people come in here and say they love the guy for exactly the reason we want to punch him upside the face.

I think it's kind of ironic that a guy who became infamous for kissing men on the lips is now a raging "John Rocker-esque" homophobe. Isn't it always the biggest "I hate gays" types who end up being gay? Considering his history, I'll bet ozzie can suck one of those 5 gallon gatorade containers dry in under a minute...

This just in from AP:

NEW YORK - Ozzie Guillen was fined and ordered to attend sensitivity training Thursday as commissioner Bud Selig punished the outspoken Chicago White Sox manager for using a slur during a tirade against a sports columnist.

In a separate penalty, Guillen was suspended for one game, punishment for reliever David Riske intentionally hitting St. Louis’ Chris Duncan with a pitch Tuesday night. Riske drew a three-game suspension, but appealed.

Guillen went into a profanity-laced tirade against Chicago Sun-Times columnist Jay Mariotti and called him a number of names, including a derogatory term that is often used to describe someone’s sexual orientation.

“Ozzie Guillen used language that is offensive and completely unacceptable,” Selig said in a statement. “Baseball is a social institution with responsibility to set appropriate tone and example. Conduct or language that reflects otherwise will not be tolerated. The use of slurs embarrasses the individual, the club and the game.”

Guillen met with reporters Thursday before leaving U.S. Cellular Field to serve his suspension, saying as he did Wednesday that he used the wrong word. He said he agreed with Selig’s punishment. He also vowed not to let up on Mariotti.

“The commissioner did what he had to do,” Guillen said. “They don’t agree with what I say. Me either. I agree with what I say about Jay. ... I’m not going to change. One thing I’m going to make clear is I apologize to the community, but to Jay, no chance. This thing is on and on for good.”

Major League Baseball asked the White Sox to set up the sensitivity training and spokesman Scott Reifert said the team would do so, using its employee assistance program, with specifics to be determined.

Guillen said he wasn’t sure what sensitivity training would entail, but would abide by the ruling.

“What class? What is it? Mr. Selig said I have to do something about this,” Guillen said. “It was not good for me and baseball to be involved in this.”

Guillen said team chairman Jerry Reinsdorf “reprimanded me as a friend.”

“Jerry is behind Major League Baseball about this decision to fine me. I respect that. It’s good for baseball because I put Bud Selig in a spot he’s not supposed to be. It’s done and hopefully we will learn from this and move on.”

Mariotti recently was critical of Guillen’s handling of rookie pitcher Sean Tracey, who could be seen distraught in the dugout last week in Texas after Guillen became angry when the White Sox didn’t retaliate for catcher A.J. Pierzynski twice being hit with pitches. Tracey was later demoted to the minors.

Riske was suspended three games by the commissioner’s office for intentionally throwing at Duncan, and Guillen got a one-game ban. He and Riske were each fined an undisclosed amount by Bob Watson, vice president of on-field operations for Major League Baseball.

Both were ejected in the seventh inning of Chicago’s 20-6 victory Tuesday night after the right-hander hit Duncan with a pitch.

The benches had been warned in the bottom of the sixth after St. Louis pitcher Sidney Ponson plunked two White Sox batters with the bases loaded.

Chris Duncan was sent to the minors Thursday. His father, Cardinals pitching coach Dave Duncan, called Guillen a liar during a radio interview.

Guillen and the pitching coach did talk on the field Wednesday.

“I was upset. I’m still upset. I don’t like liars,” Duncan said before Thursday night’s game.

Guillen, who led the White Sox to their first World Series title in 88 years last season, has gotten into trouble several times with his comments.

In spring training this year, he apologized to Alex Rodriguez for comments he made in a Sports Illustrated article in which he criticized the Yankees’ star for waffling on his choice of countries for the World Baseball Classic.

In his first season, Guillen called umpire Hunter Wendelstedt a liar. Later in the season, Guillen sarcastically referred to Buck Showalter of the Rangers as the best manager in the history of baseball and the guy who invented the game — all after Showalter questioned Guillen’s knowledge of the rules.

Guillen also went off on a profanity-filled tirade last season against former teammate and fellow Venezuelan Magglio Ordonez, who left the White Sox and joined the Detroit Tigers.

© 2006 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.

Last edited:
Selig waited quite a while to react IMO, and ozzie says he's not going to change, so this is just for PR to keep the hatemail down. Selig should be arrested for being so imcompetant.

He's probably mad that he had to deal with something BESIDES barry for once...

Purogamer said:
Yeah, but if you wait a few hours (or until after the site move tomorrow) you'll see people come in here and say they love the guy for exactly the reason we want to punch him upside the face.

I think it's kind of ironic that a guy who became infamous for kissing men on the lips is now a raging "John Rocker-esque" homophobe. Isn't it always the biggest "I hate gays" types who end up being gay? Considering his history, I'll bet ozzie can suck one of those 5 gallon gatorade containers dry in under a minute...

I have to admit, I am one of them that LIKE Ozzie...AS A MANAGER! The Ozzie that blasted Jay Marriotti, that is the one I disagree with. BUT, at the same token, I use to WORK IN CHICAGO media during the 90s, and Jay Marriotti can be and is a pompous, arrogant, obnoxious a**hole.....and thats from a PERSONAL experience with my dealings with the Chicago sports media. Again, I am NOT JUSTIFY what Ozzie has done, just that Mr. Marriotti is NO ANGEL in this. I have NO problems with criticizing team and players in any sport, but Mr. Marriotti can be malicious at times.

And by the way, the men that he kissed IN THE LIPS....were his sons....if someone can show my pics of him KISSING anyone other than his sons on the lips....I will stand corrected.

I like Ozzie as a mgr and hate Mariotti, but after 20 years in the USA and you don't know you can't say "f@g"? Come on! And if Randy Johnson can get a 5 game suspension for MISSING a batter with a brush back after the ump warning, then this deserves at least 5, and I say MORE, like 15 - 25. If he would have said the N word (pardon me, just making a point) he would have been crucified! Remember, he only got fined for the remarks and the suspension was for the bean-ball incident. WHAT A JOKE!

Salsa: You are WRONG - "Jay Marriotti can be and is a pompous, arrogant, obnoxious a**hole...."

HE always is a pompous, arrogant, obnoxious a**hole.... There is no can be about it.

Since when does the media have to pussyfoot around athletes? We all sit and crucify these guys when we're talking with the guys, why can't the media tell it like it is just like we do? The idea that he has to show up there to get berated by ozzie because ozzie disagrees with him is absurd. He's a writer, it's his job to write, make it interesting, and be critical.

While the only pics of ozzie kissing anyone that I can find is his son, he's kissed men before. Long before he won the series, about the middle of the season I remember espn doing a story about it and showing video of him kissing various guys after HR's or other such big events.

And the point about if ozzie had said the N-word is 100% correct. Because the country is against gay marriage for the most part he'll get a slap on the wrist for this, but if he said the N-word the punishment would be much more severe. You know what his reaction would be if someone called him the S-word for latinos...

What else did you expect the MLB to produce? he is disgusting and a product of the leagues corruption IMO. Not surprised in the least.

vurbano said:
What else did you expect the MLB to produce? he is disgusting and a product of the leagues corruption IMO. Not surprised in the least.

To a certain extent, I am with you on this opinion. That's what happens when you have a 'owner' looking out for the 'best for baseball' as opposed to a legitimate commissioner.

of course what he said was wrong, BUT, i find him entertaining! "F the cubs" that was a riot! my all time favorite sports idol was, is ALI, though i diddnt always agree with what he was saying, i could not wait for him to say it! like i said, i think ozzie was wrong, but this is sports, not world politics. ok i will stop now in case i get butched on this. peace to all

Speaking of, any word on who the next commish will be?

Ozzy saying to F the cubs is a rib at another team, it's a totally different thing than calling someone a homosexual. The guy was on 4 quarters yesterday and in no way, shape or form struck me as being gay. He was firing off on a variety of subjects but he's hardly a controversial guy. Plenty of the basketball guys like Stephen A. Smith are much more vocal and obnoxious.

BTW, the guy chastised Ozzie for the way he treated that kid who ozzie only put in the game to hit a batter. The idea that he put a guy in JUST to throw at a batter is absurd to me and isn't what baseball is about to me, and then ripped the kid a new a-hole when he did the right thing and didn't hit him is also absurd to me. He hasn't spent his life trying to get to the MLB to throw at people, he spent his life playing baseball to play in the big dance, and ozzie just wasted this kid's talent.

Last edited:
Purogamer said:
Speaking of, any word on who the next commish will be?

Ozzy saying to F the cubs is a rib at another team, it's a totally different thing than calling someone a homosexual. The guy was on 4 quarters yesterday and in no way, shape or form struck me as being gay. He was firing off on a variety of subjects but he's hardly a controversial guy. Plenty of the basketball guys like Stephen A. Smith are much more vocal and obnoxious.

BTW, the guy chastised Ozzie for the way he treated that kid who ozzie only put in the game to hit a batter. The idea that he put a guy in JUST to throw at a batter is absurd to me and isn't what baseball is about to me, and then ripped the kid a new a-hole when he did the right thing and didn't hit him is also absurd to me. He hasn't spent his life trying to get to the MLB to throw at people, he spent his life playing baseball to play in the big dance, and ozzie just wasted this kid's talent.

Purogamer.....Jay Marriotti is not gay....he's an a$$hole...but not gay. You see the generic sports writer...not, the egostical jerkoff I know from my days working in the old Chicago Fox Sports. And the kid was not sent in to throw at someone, he was already pitching and I have no doubt he was told to hit him. But it has alot to do with team unity more than anything else...remember, in the American League, pitchers don't hit...so they face NO RETALIATION if they intentionally hit someone. So Ozzie was playing old school, where the pitcher has to stand up for his teammate....'you hit my guy...I hit your guy' ...It has always been like that. I have played organized baseball from tee-ball to single-A ball and been coaching for the last 11 years...it's an unwritten rule. I currently coach at the high school level and I would NEVER send a kid to hit another kid....but in the majors....it's a whole different world. I am not apologizing for what Ozzie did, but there ALOT more to what is going on then you guys know....believe me.

My point was that I saw nothing even close to homosexual personality traits on display, I kind of expected a metrosexual with a high voice...I think he had a perm though, for what it's worth...=)>

I don't care what anyone says, throwing at people in baseball needs to be addressed. I know it's always been one of those old school "unwritten" rules, but it's not the same game anymore. You're not getting hit with a 70mph ball, now we're talking about 100mph, there's a huge difference...

Purogamer said:
He was firing off on a variety of subjects but he's hardly a controversial guy. Plenty of the basketball guys like Stephen A. Smith are much more vocal and obnoxious.
Purogamer, you're obviously not familiar with Mariotti. From what I understand, he was brought onto the Chicago Sun-Times to be controversial. And from watching him quite a bit on ESPN's "Around The Horn,"; as someone has already said, he is a pompous, arrogant a$$hole who thinks his opinion is the only opinion.

Yep, look at the photo in that piece; he looks like the whiny little fat kid everyone in school picked on and now that he has some fame and slimmed down, he is always looking to feud for some payback with the pen and his mouth.

Well yesterday, Ozzie said he would NEVER go to Senativity meetings, even when he has been told to, by the commish.

My take, you have to go to the meetings in order for the meeting to take place....

Today's ESPN website says : OZZIE wants English training .......

PLEASE, OZZIE has been in the USA for 20+ years now, if he can't speak or understand what he is saying then he should not be here.

Sorry to be so blunt about it. He knew da*n well what he said and meant it.

btw, has anyone looked into exactly what he said and what it meant in his own country, I would bet it's not what he said it was......

I'm just glad he's not managing any teams I follow.

Jimbo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts