This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

P.O.S. 811 Strikes Again!!

I would bitch and scream if I'd purchased this new but I was aware of the problems this stb has had since it's debut, so I purchased it well knowing it had an awful track record. I can live with it until Dish transitions their HD to MPEG-4 then I'll have to get a HD DVR and relegate this POS to the scrap heap or use it for OTA only.

DarrellP said:
If your Dish equipment is not purchased from Dish or an authorized Dish dealer, they will not cover it under the extended warranty. I know, I bought a quad LNB and tried putting it on there and they refused.
Strange - considering that E* does NOT track LNBs, or retailer's installations/upgrades of outdoor equipment.

In other words, it sounds like you're a victim of yet another stupid CSR.

Actually it would be a smart CSR because they convinced him into thinking he couldn't get it on the warranty...

Wow....... I did not even know the 811 had a hard drive.

So are you guys telling me that I can place my used 811 which I purchased from a private party on my Extended Warranty plan? I have the old plan which costs $1.99/month.

That is correct ALL Dishnetwork branded equipment is covered. There is no reason to tell them where any of it was purchased.

DarrellP said:
So are you guys telling me that I can place my used 811 which I purchased from a private party on my Extended Warranty plan? I have the old plan which costs $1.99/month.

Hi Darrell, I have the same plan. There is nothing that states the warranted equipment has to be purchased from Dish, or that you have to notify them of any equipment you add. I had a 508 die that I purchased from Dish Depot and I use in my motor-home, called Dish and they sent me a another 508, no argument, no cost.

NightRyder

Well, here's a new one I've never experienced before, it reminds me of my old, trusty 6000: I just turned on my 811 and it has been off since 11 PM last night and was tuned to an OTA digital channel. I turned it on, hit Guide and guess what? NO FRICKIN GUIDE DATA! It had to acquire the satellite & download the guide, and the receiver was turned OFF. Crap, even the 6000 will keep the guide data current when tuned to OTA if it is powered off.