P267 has arrived

Foxbat said:
Okay, I lied. I'm going for it right now.
Hmmm, must be by invitation only. I left the 811 "off" since my last message, and no download. I guess I'll get it later. If what Scott said is true, I'm not really missing much.

[side note: I can't commnet on ESPN-HD, as the Cubbies are blacked-out in my area.]

Scott Greczkowski said:
From what I understand this update fixes a problem when you listen the Sirius channels for long periods of time.

Other then that nothing.

Oh yeah. That's pretty much the industry-standard procedure. Fix the non-existent problems first. Then, tackle actual issues down the road.

The only issue I have with listening to Sirius Broadway channel all day, is that my family has been questioning my sexuality

Kevin_Texas said:
Sure seemed like a long long download for just one fix??

Even with one fix, most likely you have to download the whole image or at the minimum a whole sub-module. if it supports updating at this level. I am not sure why this one seems to be longer than the rest.

jds44 said:
Did anyone check the copyright on the "Info" screen. Maybe they changed it to 2004 from 2003. That would be great.

I hope so. That's been at the top of my list for a long time, probably six months or so now. If they don't get it right by the next update, I'm bolting for DirecTV. At least they know what year it is.

Scott Greczkowski said:
From what I understand this update fixes a problem when you listen the Sirius channels for long periods of time.

Other then that nothing.

Scott any mention that another one is coming down the pipe. The fact that we got this one with only one fix makes me feel that we will not see any time soon (Soon being by end of June).

The fact that they issued this update and it fixes one issue that most people are not going to run into makes me wonder why? How many people would run into an issue with Sirius that only happen when running it for a long period of time. I would expect a small majority for an HD receiver. So why would they go through the effort instead of rolling this into a future update. Makes me thing that an update that we would care about is a bit out.

Just a thought. Any insight or Rumors?

Lol!

GaryPen said:
I hope so. That's been at the top of my list for a long time, probably six months or so now. If they don't get it right by the next update, I'm bolting for DirecTV. At least they know what year it is.
No matter what kind of sh!tty mood I am in, Gary, you can always make me laugh.

Thanks. I needed that one!

later

Ice

Iceman said:
No matter what kind of sh!tty mood I am in, Gary, you can always make me laugh.

Thanks. I needed that one!

later

Ice
Yes I was actually wondering if the initial post was a joke or if someone actually really cared about changing the copyright. :confused:

My SystemInfo screen with the 267 update still has the Copyright year as 2003. I guess we may soon see GaryPen's 811 for sale. :D

rocatman said:
My SystemInfo screen with the 267 update still has the Copyright year as 2003.
Gee, and people give us Hoosiers a hard time about not changing our clocks for DST...

Even though I had my receiver off since 5:00pm, when I turned my 811 back on four hours later, it still hadn't brought down the new firmware.

rocatman said:
My SystemInfo screen with the 267 update still has the Copyright year as 2003. I guess we may soon see GaryPen's 811 for sale. :D

Wow.. I hope that Mini1 and BobH also find this bug too much and jump to D* too.... It is a rather annoying one that you do run into evertime you check for an update. One can hope. ;)

Ok, maybe it's just a moon phase thing, but I'm locking onto 2 stations very quickly with 267 that used to bounce all over the meter (seasonal multipath).

This is one evening's observation. We'll see tonight.

dispatcher_21 said:
I left my box off all night and still no update. Am I supposed to do anything special?

Did you depower the box? To get an update you must just turn the box off with your remote. In about 20 minutes (this time) you should see the update.

I turned the 811 off with the *front* panel button. Short press not a press and hold to cause a reboot.

Leave the TV on. After a few minutes of being off (or seconds even) the 811 will tell you it is updating.

Good luck!

I turned the power off last night with the remote and nothing this morning. I have been leaving it off for an hour every now and then and still no new update. If I call E*, can they "hit" my box or whatever and force the update if it wont download in the next day or two?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts