P267 has arrived

BFG said:
Umm you are using the optical audio connection right?

I'm not to sure about this but if you are using the stereo connections then you may not get sound on the Dolby Digital HD channels because they use DD which is only decoded in the optical

If I am not mistaken, you will get sound on the RCA jacks. It just will not be Dolby DD.

According to the Dish Network web page 2.67 is finished spooling. Anyone notice an differences? Hey, are 811's "Dish 500 Ready" (Green wording on System Info screen)?

Scott, on the Sirius Issue. Could it be that you could not strecth the picture to fill a 16X9 screen?

bpasker8 said:
right, but how does that explain no sound on HD or OTA channels when I have it set to dolby and pcm?
I believe that the Dolby/PCM setting means to output DD if it exists, otherwise, PCM. So, if your audio setup can't handle DD, you get no sound for any show that actually has DD.

As far as I can see, no difference whatsoever after P267 update. I am waiting for two replacement of 811s by tomorrow. I will see if those will be better. My major issues with 811 are a) darker output on SD; b) OTA HD gets only 49% and will not lock. After a lengthy conversation with so call "advanced tech support", they agreed to send me two new ones. BTW, my current ones are purchased 12/2003. I am wondering those earlier ones has definitely hardware issues.

WJMorales said:
According to the Dish Network web page 2.67 is finished spooling. Anyone notice an differences? Hey, are 811's "Dish 500 Ready" (Green wording on System Info screen)?

My DP811 finally downloaded the 267, don't see or feel any difference. What do you mean by "Dish 500 ready"? I have Dish 500 and don't see how it would make any difference. Don't see that "Green wording on System info" screen either.

freerider said:
My DP811 finally downloaded the 267...

Ditto. I received 267 last night.

I wonder if these updates spool out according to receiver activation dates? I'm a newer 811 user, 6 weeks into service.

freerider said:
My DP811 finally downloaded the 267, don't see or feel any difference. What do you mean by "Dish 500 ready"? I have Dish 500 and don't see how it would make any difference. Don't see that "Green wording on System info" screen either.

That is because your smart card is internal. The green "Dish 500 Ready" comment is for receivers that use external smart cards, and can accept the newest versions of the cards.

hzhao said:
After a lengthy conversation with so call "advanced tech support", they agreed to send me two new ones.

This is such an incredible waste of money on Dish's part. If they would just spend half the money they are wasting with these unnecessary RMA's on proper design and engineering, including a larger and better engineering staff, they would lower costs and increase customer satisfaction, which would lead directly to an increase in the bottom line.

It's just stupid business to keep releasing products the way they do.

GaryPen said:
This is such an incredible waste of money on Dish's part. If they would just spend half the money they are wasting with these unnecessary RMA's on proper design and engineering, including a larger and better engineering staff, they would lower costs and increase customer satisfaction, which would lead directly to an increase in the bottom line.

It's just stupid business to keep releasing products the way they do.
Yet again, you are 100% correct. This is getting really scary. :)

After the update

Anyone elses remote address change on their receiver after the update? I woke up this morning and none of my remotes worked. it took me 20 minutes to figure out the the location id changed from 2 to 1.. basically meaning I have to reprogram my universal remote unless it can be changed back.. anyone know how to do that?

page 25 in the manual tells how to change remote addresses. you'll have to change the remote address to match the sys info screen's adress, then change it back again to what you originally had.

I was able to change my remote address but my problem wat that the actual location id changed on my 811 receiver.. what was once 2 is now 1 after the update.

sirkirby said:
Anyone elses remote address change on their receiver after the update? I woke up this morning and none of my remotes worked. it took me 20 minutes to figure out the the location id changed from 2 to 1.. basically meaning I have to reprogram my universal remote unless it can be changed back.. anyone know how to do that?

Mine did... to get it back:
1. Press System Info on the front of your 811.
2. Press and hold "SAT" on your remote until all the other top buttons (TV, VCR, etc) light up.
3. Press the remote address you want to program followed by the # key. (In your case 2#)
4. Press and release the "Record" button.
5. Verify that the Remote address on the screen has changed.
6. Press "Cancel" on your remote, it should return back to your programming.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)