P267 has arrived

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Soccernut said:
I do listen to Sirius for long periods and have run into some annoying malfunctions, audio goes on and off or goes off completely and the only way to bring it back is to change channel and then back again.
I have turned off my receiver 3 times for hours and has not update to software 267 :confused:

Weird. I've spent considerable time (2-3 hours at a time) listening to the classic vinyl channel (6014) and have never experienced any audio malfunctions. :confused:

I powered-off my receiver again last night at the main power button on the 811 and when I got home from work this afternoon and turned it on...no 267 yet. But I guess since I haven't experienced the problem with Sirius (yet), I'll just be patient and wait for it to show up...

WeeJavaDude said:
Gary.. I dont' think so. You would fix it and hand a copy to the directory or flash his 811. This problem sounds very uncommon and it would not result in spooling... Too much risk. That fact that it seems not to be spooling to all of us makes me wonder even more. Seems like it is a slow rollout. This is a strange one.

I'm sure the Sirius fix isn't the only thing in this release. This is most likely a precursor release (underlying code change tests) in preparation for the next major revision.
The pace of the rollout would tend to support something like that.

NightRyder

NightRyder said:
I'm sure the Sirius fix isn't the only thing in this release. This is most likely a precursor release (underlying code change tests) in preparation for the next major revision.
The pace of the rollout would tend to support something like that.

NightRyder

You could be right. Not sure if pieces of the 811 software can be downloaded or if it is always one big download. People are saying it is taking longer but I am not sure if it is due to image size or possible some throttling of the download.

Well maybe it is.. Hmm it sure is a strange one

I may have one of those extra quirky early 811's, but before P267 it never output a tone on the "Point Dish/Signal" screen. Today a nice storm came through and when I checked the signals, there it was. I know it didn't do that before P267 because I just repeaked the dish about a week ago.

UglyFatKid said:
I may have one of those extra quirky early 811's, but before P267 it never output a tone on the "Point Dish/Signal" screen. Today a nice storm came through and when I checked the signals, there it was. I know it didn't do that before P267 because I just repeaked the dish about a week ago.

Bizarre. My 811 did the output tone from the get-go...and that was at P265.

You say you "repeaked the dish"? Do you re-aim it occasionally? I've never messed with mine from the time they swapped my original dish to the dish 500. The signal strength sits fairly consistently (depending on cloud conditions) between 72 and 80.

UglyFatKid said:

I occasional check my signal strengths especially after bad weather with high winds. Prior to receiving 267, sometimes I would get the tones, sometimes I would not. I just think it was some minor quirk within the software. I have been getting the tones after 267.

long_time_DNC said:
You say you "repeaked the dish"? Do you re-aim it occasionally? I've never messed with mine from the time they swapped my original dish to the dish 500. The signal strength sits fairly consistently (depending on cloud conditions) between 72 and 80.

That was the first time I've re-aimed it. I self-installed my dish about 3 years ago and because I was pressed for time, once I got an acceptable signal I left it alone. When I became unemployed last month I decided to try and fine tune. I ended up getting a gain of 10-15 points on each tp on each satellite.

Ah, I see. I check my signal occasionally as well, but it's always around 72-80 unless we have very heavy overcast or very heavy rain, which usually only happens during the late fall, winter and early spring. I don't often get rain-outs, which is a good thing.

A gain of 10-15 points is definitely worth the effort though! :)

When I first got my 811 (P263), the signal strength tones worked consistently. From P264 onward, they were intermittently random, mostly silent. I haven't checked since P267.
It's definitely not high on my list of 811 issues. It makes it easier to aim the dishes, though, if you can hear the signal strength pitch change.

I spoke too soon, I went back to the aiming screen and it's silent again.

Yeah, since I re-aimed all the 119 tp's are over 100 and all the 110 are over 90. It's nice to have the dish accessable to do that kind of thing easily. Of course, mine has to be so I can brush the snow off in the winter.

No Update

I have a 811 receiver and my software version still say p266 and I have been shutting my receiver off every night to get the update, any reason why I am not getting the update?

Hawkeyee said:
I have a 811 receiver and my software version still say p266 and I have been shutting my receiver off every night to get the update, any reason why I am not getting the update?

Either Dish is spooling 267 to only certain 811s or you have your permission for downloading new software turned off. Check MENU 6-1-2 to check your permission status.

not sure if this is 267 related, but the only thing I've noticed since it downloaded is I know have no sound on my HD channels or my OTA locals, Locals throug the dish have sound, just the hd channels and those locals I snag with my roof top antenna. Anyone else having this issue? assuming no otherwise there'd be tons more complaining, unless I just missed them...

267 download

Did anyone with the DP 811 get the 267 download? I did everything I should and still no download.......

Here is an interesting note to my sound issue reported earlier, that I beleive to be caused by 267... when I go into installation and choose the dolby setup option I have the choice of dolby only, pcm only or dolby/pcm both... I previously had it set on dolby/pcm both and only had sound on my SD channels (no sound on any HD or OTA channels), now if I change it to pcm only I get sound on all channels, but none of my HD channels are dolby 5.1... anyone else? I can't be the only cat can I?

Unh. Sounds like you're getting exactly what you told it to do - PCM only. The box is downconverting the DD to PCM.

A possible explanation of why you didn't get sound before might be your receiver couldn't handle the DD (SD content is usually PCM). It would be strange, but that would explain it.

Umm you are using the optical audio connection right?

I'm not to sure about this but if you are using the stereo connections then you may not get sound on the Dolby Digital HD channels because they use DD which is only decoded in the optical

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)