P267 has arrived

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
dispatcher_21 said:
I left my box off all night and still no update. Am I supposed to do anything special?
They only send updates to a limited number of receivers at a time. All you can do other than leave your receiver in standy (off) when your not using it is wait your turn.

It cannot be forced any sooner.

Scott Greczkowski said:
From what I understand this update fixes a problem when you listen the Sirius channels for long periods of time.

Other then that nothing.

So, my question is: Who complained about this problem and who did they contact to get it fixed? I haven't seen anything on this forum about watching serius channels. So why was it high enough priority to do a S/W release. I'd really like to let their contact know about the dark video problem so they could release a useful update... I know, I know, I should be watching high def and what the hell am I doing using the SD outputs and all that, but....

Pb ft. said:
So, my question is: Who complained about this problem and who did they contact to get it fixed? I haven't seen anything on this forum about watching serius channels. So why was it high enough priority to do a S/W release. I'd really like to let their contact know about the dark video problem so they could release a useful update... I know, I know, I should be watching high def and what the hell am I doing using the SD outputs and all that, but....

They probably had the damn thing on all day and night in their software engineering department listening to music! As always the worst bug is the one that bytes you :D

NightRyder

NightRyder said:
They probably had the damn thing on all day and night in their software engineering department listening to music! As always the worst bug is the one that bytes you :D

NightRyder
Very safe donut bet - would probably get you a dozen.

SimpleSimon said:
Very safe donut bet - would probably get you a dozen.

Nah!! ;) If they only found it in the lab they would have not spooled it out if it only had one low probability fix. Unless this bug resulted in the turning the 811 into a door stop. Cost money to spool stuff out.

My guess would be that Siruis found it and complained. That would make more sense if this truely was a one fix wonder.

:D

WeeJavaDude said:
Nah!! ;) If they only found it in the lab they would have not spooled it out if it only had one low probability fix. Unless this bug resulted in the turning the 811 into a door stop. Cost money to spool stuff out.

My guess would be that Siruis found it and complained. That would make more sense if this truely was a one fix wonder.

:D
Right - I mistakingly thought prior poster was talking about Sirius location.

If you were a Dish engineer, and your group director came out of his office and said, "There's something wrong with Sirius, it stopped working on the 811 in my office. Somebody fix that." You'll fix it, and new sw will be spooling the next day.

GaryPen said:
If you were a Dish engineer, and your group director came out of his office and said, "There's something wrong with Sirius, it stopped working on the 811 in my office. Somebody fix that." You'll fix it, and new sw will be spooling the next day.

Gary.. I dont' think so. You would fix it and hand a copy to the directory or flash his 811. This problem sounds very uncommon and it would not result in spooling... Too much risk. That fact that it seems not to be spooling to all of us makes me wonder even more. Seems like it is a slow rollout. This is a strange one.

Still waiting for it on my NEW 811 that replaced my old one today. My new one came with 265 and loaded 266 on initial bootup.

WeeJavaDude said:
Gary.. I dont' think so. You would fix it and hand a copy to the directory or flash his 811. This problem sounds very uncommon and it would not result in spooling... Too much risk. That fact that it seems not to be spooling to all of us makes me wonder even more. Seems like it is a slow rollout. This is a strange one.

I had P266 last night, powered it off on the front panel (power off, not a reset) and I still have 266 tonight. Definitely looks like a slow rollout all right. I'll try it again tonight and see what happens when I get home from work tomorrow afternoon.

So just what is 267 fixing anyway? Some obscure Sirius problem and maybe OTA lock-on issue?

long_time_DNC said:
What problem did long-term listening cause, Scott? I never saw any problem...
I do listen to Sirius for long periods and have run into some annoying malfunctions, audio goes on and off or goes off completely and the only way to bring it back is to change channel and then back again.
I have turned off my receiver 3 times for hours and has not update to software 267 :confused:

My upgrade is downloading even as I type this... Like others have reported, it is a BIG one, taking a while...

I read about this yesterday. Whne I was finished watching CSI on an OTA station, I turned off the 811 and it immediately started the d/l. It may be me but I think this took the longest of any before. Like everyone else, I see no difference.

For me, it seems like the OTA signals need to be worse now than before the download before you get the lost signal screen. I see no other changes and that could be just my imagination looking for some improvement.

Well I have 267 now and last night I actually had to reboot my 811 for the first time since the 266 roll out. I lost all SD/HD Dish feed content. Could see the guide but when I tuned in I got a black screen. OTA Channels where fine. I reboot fixed it. I will have to see if it happens again.

WeeJavaDude said:
I lost all SD/HD Dish feed content. Could see the guide but when I tuned in I got a black screen. OTA Channels where fine. I reboot fixed it. I will have to see if it happens again.

I had that happen once, after I got 266 update.

OTA for my CBS affiliate seemed a little better last night -- only one loss of channel lock.

There were several times I lost a small amount of picture data, but that's about it.

Is this an improvement in OTA HD capability snuck in? I won't know for another week or two, as it could just be favorable conditions :)

Cheers,

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts