Pac 12 Network - what is in HD?

tjguitar

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Aug 23, 2006
I have to say i am a bit frustrated. The main reason I chose Dish over DirecTV ist hat Dish carries the Pac 12 Network. However, the majority of the content isn't even aired in HD. There were a bunch of softball games today, and only one was in HD and it was JIP.only. Tonight's baseball game appears to be in HD.

Also, Today's Angel game was JIP in HD....sigh.

Good thing i'm trying to spend less time watching TV. :)

I have to say i am a bit frustrated. The main reason I chose Dish over DirecTV ist hat Dish carries the Pac 12 Network. However, the majority of the content isn't even aired in HD. There were a bunch of softball games today, and only one was in HD and it was JIP.only. Tonight's baseball game appears to be in HD.

Also, Today's Angel game was JIP in HD....sigh.

Good thing i'm trying to spend less time watching TV. :)

To make matters worse, the BIG10 main feed is 24/7 HD. Sooooooo . . DISH decided the BIG10 is worthy of that 24/7 main HD feed, but the PAC12 is not. I expect this to get resolved at some point, but I honestly have no idea when. I suspect the contract was written this way such that DISH has discretion to turn on HD for "events" - what qualifies as an event? Well, football and men's hoops, to be sure. After that, your guess is as good as mine.

Complain to DISH. I have. A lot.

This month there's a lot of RSN sporting events (MLB, NBA, NHL) and until DISH gives more HD bandwidth to sporting events this will keep happening. Thurs. A's night games vs the Indians on CACSN also was not in HD but it was rescheduled game because the previous night was rain out. Next month the regular season ends for both NBA and NHL so hopefully things will improve.

Yeah, April is always the busiest month for RSNs with Baseball starting and regular season Basketball and Hockey wrapping up.

What about in the fall when NHL and NBA are starting up? Do the P12N fall events, such as volleyball, not get carried in HD?

This month there's a lot of RSN sporting events (MLB, NBA, NHL) and until DISH gives more HD bandwidth to sporting events this will keep happening. Thurs. A's night games vs the Indians on CACSN also was not in HD but it was rescheduled game because the previous night was rain out. Next month the regular season ends for both NBA and NHL so hopefully things will improve.

Actually there is only 1 week left of the NHL and 2 weeks of the NBA, but the RSN's carry games in the first round of the postseason...but obviously not as many games as the regular season.

To make matters worse, the BIG10 main feed is 24/7 HD. Sooooooo . . DISH decided the BIG10 is worthy of that 24/7 main HD feed, but the PAC12 is not. I expect this to get resolved at some point, but I honestly have no idea when. I suspect the contract was written this way such that DISH has discretion to turn on HD for "events" - what qualifies as an event? Well, football and men's hoops, to be sure. After that, your guess is as good as mine.

Complain to DISH. I have. A lot.

If you complain to Dish, just try to follow productive channels to do so. Getting mad at a CSR isn't going to be helpful, they have no direct way to pass that feedback up the line. There is a Dispute Resolution address that goes to the corporate address, that is one avenue, also DIRT will have some access to pass it up the line too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts