Pac-12 Network

Dish carried the Big10 network from Day 1 for all those that lived in Big10 country. Those outside of those regions needed to sub to the multi-sport package. I am in that category. Now, I see the same configuration coming with the Pac12 network. Let's see what happens before we all jump on the "I'm gonna leave train!"

Actually the Big Ten Network was not carried by Dish until after the 1st week of the college football season in 2007. The main difference between the Big Ten Network and Pac 12 Network is the BTN had a deal from the get go with DirecTV and Dish really had to match DirecTV there. DirecTV does not have a deal with the Pac 12 Network, only cable companies so far will have P12. I think Dish has less pressure to carry the channel if DirecTV also isn't carrying it.

panz32 said:
Actually the Big Ten Network was not carried by Dish until after the 1st week of the college football season in 2007. The main difference between the Big Ten Network and Pac 12 Network is the BTN had a deal from the get go with DirecTV and Dish really had to match DirecTV there. DirecTV does not have a deal with the Pac 12 Network, only cable companies so far will have P12. I think Dish has less pressure to carry the channel if DirecTV also isn't carrying it.

I remember this well as the epic Michigan - Appalachian State upset opened the season (and was carried on Big Ten). Dish didn't have it at this time.

What a way to start a channel with one of the biggest upsets in college football history...probally wont ever see a new channels debut like that again

So, I'm reading that things look promising for DirecTV to sign the Pac-12 Network. But the same article says fans who are DISH Network customers will probably be disappointed, as they likely will not carry the network. Just in case anyone from DISH reads these forums, let me reiterate. I'm a fifteen year subscriber. Most of that time has been to AEP. But, come the end of August I will cancel if there is not a deal in place. Once again, I understand that some folks will disagree with my stance, but I lose all sense of rationality when it comes to Pac-12 sports. It's the ONLY thing that's kept me from cutting the cord. I love DISH. I love my programming. And the hardware. And I'd likely have to go to Bright House, who has terrible equipment. But I won't hesitate for even one moment. PLEASE DISH - make a deal with the Pac-12 Network!

I've not been a subscriber as long as you since this is my 9th year, but I've already notified DISH that I'm leaving as of August 10th when Oceanic T-W Cable which will carry all the Pac-12 channels here in Honolulu will install its system. I feel like I'm cutting ties with my family, but I need to follow my alma mater Cal on the tube. DISH, mahalo nui loa for all these years!

I also have told Dish I'm gone if they don't carry the Pac12 Nets. I've had Dish for 13 years and I'd hate to leave, but this content is too crucial to our household. I've already looked at the new customer specials on DirecTV in preparation for a move.

Didn't DISH carry the Big-10 Network from day one? I remember getting that channel before they moved it to the Sports tier for those outside the Big-10 area, so DISH was offering it to everyone at first. It would seem really biased if DISH generously accommodated Big-10 fans but ignored Pac-12 fans.

The Big 10 was in free preview before moving to the sports tier and is considered an RSN in Big 10 country. The Big 10 Net is just 1 channel with ALT feeds on game day. The Pac 12 Net is going to be a main channel and 6 full time regional channels.

Didn't DISH carry the Big-10 Network from day one? I remember getting that channel before they moved it to the Sports tier for those outside the Big-10 area, so DISH was offering it to everyone at first. It would seem really biased if DISH generously accommodated Big-10 fans but ignored Pac-12 fans.

No more biased than not carrying the New York RSN's

I hope DISH announces soon. I just looked up the Oregon Ducks schedule and they are listed to be televised on the PAC 12 Network the first 2 weeks of September.

I was comparing two college sports networks.

It still applies and the Big 10 Net and Pac 12 Nets are 2 different animals.

With a limited amount of bandwidth, the odds of Dish adding 7 channels for the Pac 12 are less than slim to none. Best case IMO is it may get treated like the Big 10 Net with the main channel being carried full time and the regional nets only picked up on game day, if there is a game on them, but I doubt the Pac 12 is going to want to allow this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)