Pac-12 Network

You would probably have to have more holes drilled unfortunately. I guess you could have it installed in the yard instead if it is possible.

From sports media expert, Jon Wilner of the San Jose Mercury News this morning -

Other Pac-12 Networks thoughts:
***Because I’m sure some fans will ask, or wonder: I’ve heard nothing about a deal with Dish.
Subscribers to that satellite operator should begin making other provider plans if the Pac12Nets are important to you. Dish has a different business model than DirecTV — sports aren’t nearly as important and, as result, a carriage agreement isn’t nearly as likely.

Its too bad channels didn't already exist to broadcast PAC-12 programming, like maybe existing West coast Sports Channels that show very little programming most of the time. Does every single sports organization need its own channel?! I'm waiting for the Yes network to break up into Yes Night Games and Yes Day Games, and then people getting pissed that they aren't getting the Day Game channel!

In an age of having too many channels to broadcast in HD with not enough programming to justify its existence, do we really need additional channels?! Why isn't the existing infrastructure enough? Dish and Directv should force a carriage rule that x number of decent programming hours is required to justify broadcasting the channel.

The programming PAC-12 is probably to offer would be worth having, but we are reaching a channel saturation point with grossly unsaturated programming on most of the channels.

Just saw this new article from "Pacific Takes" - here's the location :http://www.pacifictakes.com/2012/8/...-directv-comcast-cox-time-warner-bright-hosue

It basically says that PAC 12 Networks and DirecTV are close to a deal. Then there's a Note at the end that is not looking good for DISH subscribers. Here are the 2 excerpts:

If/when they do partner up, it won’t take long for the Pac12Nets to begin airing on DirecTV — the groundwork is already being laid for signal transmission, according to sources.

And the NOTE at the end of the article:

Note: If you have Dish Network, abort abort abort.

If dish can put all these channels in a separate package & let those who really want it pay for it....then I don't see why pac12& dish will have any issue. I mean some here are vocal abt it...& apparently they are willing to pay extra to get it.

I simply don't want to pay more for this channel that I will never watch. Looks like in the future there will be more sports channel then any thing else considering every body looking to start their own.

I'm sure money is part of it, but in my opinion, it's more about bandwidth. The Pac 12 is wanting carriage of 7 channels, that only a very very small percentage of Dish customers are going to view. You already have people clamoring for 24/7 HD RSN's, Fearnet, AMC, YES, the missing Disney HD channels, etc.. The best I can see happening is Dish carrying the main Pac 12 channel, but I doubt the Pac 12 wants to allow that.

If the Pac 12 Nets are going to be important viewing to you, then wait and see if Directv or your local cable company gets it and then change providers. The market is so over saturated with channels now, I just do not see any one provider carrying everything in the future.

Yes. FCS, then FSN (on Dish), then Pac 12 Zona. Not much to do about it.

I am firmly in the camp that there are way too many channels without enough programming to fill their schedules. The Pac 12 may be different, but they are coming late to the game and I don't see them getting carriage for anything other than the main channel with Dish.

Yes. FCS, then FSN (on Dish), then Pac 12 Zona. Not much to do about it.

I am firmly in the camp that there are way too many channels without enough programming to fill their schedules. The Pac 12 may be different, but they are coming late to the game and I don't see them getting carriage for anything other than the main channel with Dish.

I saw the one game FCS had of OSU's last year on direct and it was sub par to a local high school football game televised. Maybe 4 cameras max. it truly was awful glad dish chose not to pay for that garbage.

That would be great for start of season next week :) Does SEC have network? If they don'y I wish they would and ty for any help :)

Nothing official, but this is an interesting read on the PAC 12 Network from the DirecTV side of things - $14.99 a month premium package for all the PAC-12 Networks, then include the national Pac-12 network in the sports pack. Wish Dish could make something like that work where we get the Pac 12 network in Multi-sport, then for those who want all the channels, pay the additional. Sort of a la carte...

http://www.pacifictakes.com/2012/8/...-rumors-directv-subscription-package-in-works

And now Jon Wilner, of the San Jose newspaper, is saying that DirecTV will not be adding the Pac-12 Network this week, but says there's actually a chance that both DISH and AT&T Uverse might add it before tomorrow's games. "There will be no carriage deal this week between the Pac-12 and DirecTV. The same goes for Charter and Verizon — no deals this week — but there’s still a chance that Dish Network and AT&T will jump on board before kickoff Thursday."

zippyfrog said:
Nothing official, but this is an interesting read on the PAC 12 Network from the DirecTV side of things - $14.99 a month premium package for all the PAC-12 Networks, then include the national Pac-12 network in the sports pack. Wish Dish could make something like that work where we get the Pac 12 network in Multi-sport, then for those who want all the channels, pay the additional. Sort of a la carte...

http://www.pacifictakes.com/2012/8/26/3269147/pac-12-network-rumors-directv-subscription-package-in-works

I honestly think that pricing is ridiculous. Just how much is the PAC-12 seeking for the channels to be priced that high? I honestly just want the national feed and my local feed. I could care less about the feeds from other regions of the conference.

It might be a lot more feasible for Dish and Direct to offer the main feed nationally and the regional feeds via spotbeam. Seven national channels is a lot of bandwidth to commit to the conference. My idea is sure to displease anyone who's a transplant and not living in the area of the regional channel they want to receive, but hopefully it would take care of the majority of subs. And it certainly beats not having any of the channels carried.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

If it can be offered completely separate of any other package, I would venture Dish will carry it. Might be SD though.

I'm DYING for Pac-12 Networks - and have been pretty vocal to Dish about it - but I do put some of the blame on the Pac-12. I'm sure they would like to get at least the national channel on a basic package for the best possible national exposure. The whole purpose of the network(s) is to expand the brand nationwide. They're probably asking a premium price to be divided by all subscribers for pennies a month - big $$$ with 14 million subscribers. I can see DirecTV (and Dish) countering with a $14 sports package - which is probably a similar net $$$ to the Pac-12. But this gives limited exposure that the Pac12 does not want - in fact this is why they launched the network in the first place. Personally, I don't CARE either way. I'll pay for it on a sports tier if it comes to that.

With the PAC12 football season starting today, I poked around a bit and found this tidbit: http://forum.goazcats.com/showthread.php?p=1878070

One guy wrote and said that the PAC 12 networks would be bundled in the ESPN Game Plan package. Replies to his post questioned the idea but in a way, it seems to make sense since PAC12 networks have their season long deal in place with ESPN and FOX nationals.

Also, if you search around, PAC 12 Networks today issued an "open letter" to DirecTV subscribers telling them that they do NOT have a deal with DirecTV. There's been no such letter to DISH subscribers and I'm sure we've been as vocal as they have been.

I went to the DISH site earlier and looked at the sports packages and clicked on the link at the ESPN Game Package description to see the schedule. A message pops up that says the schedule is being updated and advising to "check back soon": http://www.mydish.com/pay-per-view/sports-and-events/football/

I'm probably reading too much into this but maybe this is an indication that things are being worked on.

not with game plan, from my understanding is what P12N want's is available to everybody as the golf channel is today, Game plan is only for football as I recall, this is 365 days a year stuff, so that just doesn't work period. the clocks ticking....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)