Pac 12 Network

PortlandChris

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 24, 2012
Portland, OR
Dish does not carry all the Pac 12 channels, only the national channel.

In the past I have been able to log onto Pac-12.com and watch the various networks.

Now, I try to do it and I can't get access to anything beyond the national channel. When did this change? Why did it change?

I am lost as to why you cut us off. Unless you restore this access for me I will be likely to terminate my Dish Network relationship and go to an alternate provider. Is this what you want me to do? I am serious. I really am.

Now, when I click on the national channel I get access.

Now, when I click on any of the regional channels: "Your DISH TV package doesn’t include this content. Please contact DISH to request access."

I can't even get the Pac 12 Oregon channel.

When did this change? Admittedly I have not been online lately watching Pac 12, so I am not sure when this change took place.

I am just floored that something I had access to is now gone.

Can you folks at Dish tell me when and why this happened?

I was happy with Dish, but this is a deal breaker. I guess I have to go back to Comcast. I am not happy about that, but this is an absolute deal breaker for me.

You need to sub to Multi-sports package. Did you used to have it?

This change went into effect 2/1 per info on the Pac-12 webpage.

I live in Oregon, We ALWAYS have had access to Pac 12 Network as an RSN, and online we have always had access to all 7 Pac 12 channels.

"I am a Cox/DISH customer and used to be able to watch all seven networks on TV Everywhere, but now I can’t. How do I fix this?

The change you have experienced is something called "mapping." Mapping is a term video providers use to describe the access to TV Everywhere content they offer their customers. It is new in some cases. Time Warner, for example, has been mapping since we launched. Others have been rolling it out over time. It went into effect for Cox and DISH February 1.This is the same practice that happens with all TV Networks and has been slowly being adopted by Pac-12 Networks providers.

Pac-12 Networks produces 850 live events and more than 500 hours of original programming in HD and distributes it to all providers. It is up to each provider to determine how the content is delivered to you. If your provider does not allow you to access your preferred network on TV or through the Pac-12 Now, we encourage you to contact them and let them know you want it. To make contacting your provider easier, we have included a link below that will allow you to email them directly or reach them through social media.

http://pac-12.com/contact-provider"

Reactions: tobsandmags
I am lost as to why you cut us off. Unless you restore this access for me I will be likely to terminate my Dish Network relationship and go to an alternate provider. Is this what you want me to do? I am serious. I really am.

You+talking+to+me.jpg

It's Pac-12. They are going more regional in who sees what.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes....but we used to be able to log into Pac-12.com and watch any of the regional channels. So, for example, if I wanted to watch Pac-12/Arizona I could stream it. Now that option has been taken away. That's the issue.

Yes....but we used to be able to log into Pac-12.com and watch any of the regional channels. So, for example, if I wanted to watch Pac-12/Arizona I could stream it. Now that option has been taken away. That's the issue.
That's what I'm saying. If you live in Portland you're only going to see the main feed and local feed.

That's what I'm saying. If you live in Portland you're only going to see the main feed and local feed.

You missed the point. We don't get the local feed. We never got the local feed. There are 7 channels, 1 national and 6 regional. Dish does have the regional channels, so we would go to the internet for the regional; it is the regional that is being taken away on the internet.

What regional Pac-12 channels on Dish? Dish has never offered any of the regional Pac-12 channels. They do have a few alternate channels, they used to use them on occasion for overflow basketball games but I noticed this year they were never used. Did you mean to say Dish does *not* have the regional channels?

My guess is Dish decided to save some $$ by cutting access to the regional channels on the internet, and I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for these to come back. As for switching, DirecTV does not offer the Pac-12 at all, so your only other choice is your local provider.

Last edited:
What regional Pac-12 channels on Dish? Dish has never offered any of the regional Pac-12 channels. They do have a few alternate channels, they used to use them on occasion for overflow basketball games but I noticed this year they were never used. Did you mean to say Dish does *not* have the regional channels?

My guess is Dish decided to save some $$ by cutting access to the regional channels on the internet, and I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for these to come back. As for switching, DirecTV does not offer the Pac-12 at all, so your only other choice is your local provider.

They never offered the regional channels on DISH.

You could get the regional channels only by streaming. Prior to 2/1/2016 I could log onto Pac 12 directly and stream all channels. Now I can only stream the national channel.

Researching the issue and talking extensively with folks from DISH and Pac 12, I am convinced that Pac 12 is the one who changed the rules, or as they say never enforced the rules on which channel you were allowed to stream.

Problem seems to be very provider does something different. Pac 12 wants a standard set. Everyone gets national Pac 12 channel and those in specific regions get their region. I guess then the provider is free to sell the other 5 regionals on a sports tier. This is what Pac 12 wants.

My beef is that a network with 11M subs shouldn't be picking on the existing subscribers. Because if Pac 12 pushes me away, they lose me as a customer period. Really, I only watch about 7 channels beyond the locals.

I do see something in the future that if the Pac 12 does not right the ship this network won't be around.

I was going to drop the multi-sport pack now that BTN was made available nationally outside of multi-sport. I guess I need to keep it in order to get online access to all Pac12 regional networks.

I've noticed, as well, that Dish has not been using the overflow channels lately for regionally broadcast live events. Is this my imagination or did something really change?

I'm sure this being driven by Larry Scott. There's been lots of chatter about regional channel access across all providers. I wonder what they are trying to force Dish to do?

I was going to drop the multi-sport pack now that BTN was made available nationally outside of multi-sport. I guess I need to keep it in order to get online access to all Pac12 regional networks.

I've noticed, as well, that Dish has not been using the overflow channels lately for regionally broadcast live events. Is this my imagination or did something really change?

I'm sure this being driven by Larry Scott. There's been lots of chatter about regional channel access across all providers. I wonder what they are trying to force Dish to do?

As of 2/1/2016 DISH is carrying only the Pac 12 National channel. No content from the regionals is being shown as in the past.

Are you saying with Multi-Sport you are still getting access to all 7 channels streaming at Pac 12 Now? Have you tried and verified this? Go in and try and report what happened. I'll bet you can stream the national channel only now and the rest are locked. But I am curious.

Pac 12 and the streaming regionals have always been available to me until Feb 1, when Pac 12 made the change.

What are they trying to force DISH to do? Carry the national network to everyone, and the regionals to the those in applicable zip codes. The rest purchase regionals via Multi Pack. DISH has never carried the regionals and this creates and issue with bandwidth.

Dish carried multiple live events on the alt channels in the past when a regional channel showed a live event not broadcast on the national channel. But that may have changed now.

Makes sense about forcing the regional channels to be broadcast. I heard the head of the Pac12 networks talk about working with providers to get them to use the national channel as the core channel instead of the regional one (this may have been for providers who only carry 1 channel or only 1 channel in HD). It doesn't seem applicable to Dish who only ever carried the national feed full time.

I wonder if Dish is planning on carrying the regionals. They added full time HD RSN's so you never know. But, I suppose that's just wishful thinking. I'm surprised the Pac12 hasn't negotiated its way onto SlingTv. Seems like the perfect platform.....every channel available to everyone everywhere (including online).

Yes, as of 2/1/2016 Pac 12 is no longer allowing DISH to show live events on the ALT channels. The reason? Every one of the 7 channels is now carrying entirely different content.

I can only hope this gets worked out in time.

Dish carried multiple live events on the alt channels in the past when a regional channel showed a live event not broadcast on the national channel. But that may have changed now.

Makes sense about forcing the regional channels to be broadcast. I heard the head of the Pac12 networks talk about working with providers to get them to use the national channel as the core channel instead of the regional one (this may have been for providers who only carry 1 channel or only 1 channel in HD). It doesn't seem applicable to Dish who only ever carried the national feed full time.

I wonder if Dish is planning on carrying the regionals. They added full time HD RSN's so you never know. But, I suppose that's just wishful thinking. I'm surprised the Pac12 hasn't negotiated its way onto SlingTv. Seems like the perfect platform.....every channel available to everyone everywhere (including online).

same problem here. It says " your dish package doesn't include access to this content. Please contact DISH to request access."

Ok I have the multisport package and I thought this included access to this content? According to wiki pac-12 has different content on each channel now.
Never had this problem with Comcast.

same problem here. It says " your dish package doesn't include access to this content. Please contact DISH to request access."

Ok I have the multisport package and I thought this included access to this content? According to wiki pac-12 has different content on each channel now.
Never had this problem with Comcast.

I have been told this 'mapping' is coming to Comcast as well. So, yes, they have it now, but in time they won't, so I am told.

This message popped up for today and then went away. I have the multi sport pack. Doesn't that include online access to all channels?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts