PAC-12 Urges DIRECTV Customers to Switch Providers

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Last week it was said best with Dish today the PAC ten wants you to switch to another company next week they want you to switch back to Direct

Last edited:
and you know what coming next, next week "Fox Sport 1 Urges DIRECTV Customers to Switch Providers"

Directv doesn't have a carriage agreement for Fox1 yet, do they?

Directv doesn't have a carriage agreement for Fox1 yet, do they?

damn, i just assumed the channels would change over, i didn't realize they needed to do the agreement BS again. this really sucks, the day FS1 launches is almost all UFC programming, including one of the best free cards they have ever put on, i'm going to be pissed if it isn't figured out by then.

Fuel will transition to FS2 on Saturday with no drama but Speed turning into FS1 isn't as simple. It looks like plans are in place to keep SPEED going in case there is no agreement but it will be very limited programming with no live events.

Fuel will transition to FS2 on Saturday with no drama but Speed turning into FS1 isn't as simple. It looks like plans are in place to keep SPEED going in case there is no agreement but it will be very limited programming with no live events.

they are launching the network with a HUGE day of fights, going to be a lot of mad people if they miss the event i think, including myself.

Don't blame DTV,or Dish,on this.It's totally on FOX.They didn't have to rebrand the channel and force a new contract.

they are launching the network with a HUGE day of fights, going to be a lot of mad people if they miss the event i think, including myself.
i know alot of people like the UFC but would you rather paid $4.00 a month for channel (i might be off on that) or let direcTV see if can a better price

Not sure on the exact amounts but,I believe Speed is currently .23 cents per sub,with the re-brand to FS1 they are asking for .80c per sub.That is more than double.

i know alot of people like the UFC but would you rather paid $4.00 a month for channel (i might be off on that) or let direcTV see if can a better price

personally i'd have no issues paying $4/month for it becasue it will carry more UFC content than any other channel, and $4 is nothing compared to the $55/month ppv's, but i can certainly see why others want it for the lowest amount possible, even if it means a delay in the launch date. i'm as big of a MMA fan as i am an NFL fan, so missing an event this big would be a real bummer. hopefully all of this will get settled on time.

Not sure on the exact amounts but,I believe Speed is currently .23 cents per sub,with the re-brand to FS1 they are asking for .80c per sub.That is more than double.

With a built in annual increase so that it's $1.50 per sub per month by the end of the contract. That's a hefty jump from current prices. Especially since this doesn't add any content, it just consolidates the content from several different channels that already exist. So it really is a case of paying more without gaining anything new.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Including 35 football games, the Pac-12 Networks will show more than 750 live events this year, 200 more than 2012-13.

Sure Directv will loose a few hardcore Pac-12 fans over this. When you add up everything else that Directv has to offer, your giving up alot just to get 35 football games by switching providers.

This crap has to stop where every sports organization has to now have their own network just to pull this kind of extortion to force a provider to carry their service.

Granted im in a Big 10 territory, but I could care less

thanks for the more realistic number they are asking for

This crap has to stop where every sports organization has to now have their own network just to pull this kind of extortion to force a provider to carry their service.
AGREED!!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)