Package Comparison

Jhon69 said:
I can totally agree with your post,except on just one thing.If you are subscribed to ATHD250 you should also receive The Movie Channel's one HD feed also.I mean we get Encore's one HD channel,why not The Movie Channel's one HD channel also with the HD 250 package?.What say you DISH?!!.:rant:

I see where you are coming from. I guess I just don't notice, because I never received or seen The Movie Channel in HD.

I see where you are coming from. I guess I just don't notice, because I never received or seen The Movie Channel in HD.

Yea and to make it worse DirecTV has The Movie Channel's HD channel in their Choice Ultimate package which was made to complete with DISH's ATHD250.So if DISH wants to make their ATHD250 package better they should switch The Movie Channel West which is in SD for The Movie Channel East which is in HD when the subscriber has the HD package.It's sad that both Encore and The Movie Channel only have 1 HD channel each on DISH,but if your subscribe to DISH's ATHD250 I believe you should get an HD channel when there only one available.:confused::(

Last edited:
I think Dish should redo their Latino packages. Two channels I really want are Investigation Discovery, Boomerang, and Telehit. If I get any of the Latino packages I won't get Investigation Discovery. If I want the 3 channels I have to get ATHD250 + Latino add on. That's a bit too much for me. If I get ATHD200 + Latino add on I won't get Boomerang! Gosh. haha.

memo90061 said:
I think Dish should redo their Latino packages. Two channels I really want are Investigation Discovery, Boomerang, and Telehit. If I get any of the Latino packages I won't get Investigation Discovery. If I want the 3 channels I have to get ATHD250 + Latino add on. That's a bit too much for me. If I get ATHD200 + Latino add on I won't get Boomerang! Gosh. haha.

As long as Dish doesn't raise the price. We get Boomerang (which we really like) and Telehit with Dish Latino Dos with HD Dos Free for $44.99/month. I wouldn't mind seeing ID.

Actually, I believe you could get Boomerang and Telehit with Dish Latino Plus for $37.99/month. I also believe Dish recently allowed HD Free for Life on this package.

Last edited:
Jhon69 said:
Yea and to make it worse DirecTV has The Movie Channel's HD channel in their Choice Ultimate package which was made to complete with DISH's ATHD250.So if DISH wants to make their ATHD250 package better they should switch The Movie Channel West which is in SD for The Movie Channel East which is in HD when the subscriber has the HD package.It's sad that both Encore and The Movie Channel only have 1 HD channel each on DISH,but if your subscribe to DISH's ATHD250 I believe you should get an HD channel when there only one available.:confused::(

DirecTV offers The Movie Channel East in HD along with The Movie Channel West in SD in Choice Ultimate ($74.99/month).

Dish, on the other hand, offers The Movie Channel West and The Movie Channel Xtra West in America's Top 250 ($69.99/month). That means two entirely different schedules. Epix Drive-In is also in America's Top 250 (which is not currently on D* and D* has been reported as saying they would not offer Epix). Dish has been doing this way before DirecTV as this was one of our initial reasons for switching to Dish. The Movie Channel West and The Movie Channel Xtra are also in Dish Latino Max for $57.99/month (but no Encores).

We actually added Encore Movies a la carte for $5/month, but the downsides are no Encore East (although we can catch everything 3 hours later on the West feed) and no Encore Family (although Encore Family is said to be in the pack according to the Dish site). I wish they would add the other HD feeds of those Encores available in HD.

I find the movie selection on Encore better than The Movie Channel, but that is my opinion.

Last edited:
While I know there are not many soccer fans, it's nice to have Fox Soccer in 250

Soccer is an up and coming sport in the US. Look at it this way, they actually have a dedicated soccer channel on Fox. Yesterday, Fox Sports, on the national OTA channel, showed the UEFA Championship game live from Munich, commercial free during game play time. That says something!

Classic mistake I see in posts on forums. You can't take one thing and say "The other company does it why doesn't ours." As an example Verizon had a package with more minutes than AT&T. People of course said when is AT&T going to match Verizon. The problem? Sure, AT&T could do it, do you want to lose your rollover minutes - minutes you don't lose and carry over for months you need them? Something Verizon does not have? Well of course not, so you have a choice a few more minutes and you start at zero every month, or a few less minutes but you have stash to prevent going over.

Same thing here, I'm not going to go through every channel, but you picked one or two. If Dish has a couple Direct does not, (and they do) can they drop them? Can Dish also raise their rates to match Direct since you want them to be the same? Bottom line, I understand wanting a channel in a package, but in no way is it sad or even less competitive. Two different business models......

Classic mistake I see in posts on forums. You can't take one thing and say "The other company does it why doesn't ours." As an example Verizon had a package with more minutes than AT&T. People of course said when is AT&T going to match Verizon. The problem? Sure, AT&T could do it, do you want to lose your rollover minutes - minutes you don't lose and carry over for months you need them? Something Verizon does not have? Well of course not, so you have a choice a few more minutes and you start at zero every month, or a few less minutes but you have stash to prevent going over.

Same thing here, I'm not going to go through every channel, but you picked one or two. If Dish has a couple Direct does not, (and they do) can they drop them? Can Dish also raise their rates to match Direct since you want them to be the same? Bottom line, I understand wanting a channel in a package, but in no way is it sad or even less competitive. Two different business models......

I fail to see what mistake you talking about,with DISH if you have AT250 you get Encore SD 340,if you have HD250 you get Encore HD340.It should be the same with DISH concerning The Movie Channel's HD channel that DISH already has in their guide if you have DISH's HD250 package.

Jhon69 said:
I fail to see what mistake you talking about,with DISH if you have AT250 you get Encore SD 340,if you have HD250 you get Encore HD340.It should be the same with DISH concerning The Movie Channel's HD channel that DISH already has in their guide if you have DISH's HD250 package.

Actually, with Dish, SD 340 is not included with America's Top 250. SD 340 is included in Starz or America's "Everything" Pak. HD 340, however, is included in America's Top 250 with HD 250, America's "Everything" Pak with HD AEP, or Dish America Gold.

In America's Top 250 (as well as Dish Latino Max), the west feeds of The Movie Channel and The Movie Channel Xtra are included and are not offered in HD on Dish (if they are even available at all in HD). The east feed of The Movie Channel is in HD; to get this, one would have to subscribe to Showtime or America's "Everything" Pak. The east feed of The Movie Channel Xtra is also available when subscribed to Showtime or America's "Everything" Pak on Dish. (I should probably point out that DirecTV has The Movie Channel Xtra East in HD, and it is offered in the Showtime premium package but not in Choice Ultimate. I also believe that DirecTV only offers it in HD. The west feed is not available on DirecTV. My guess is that this all has to do with contract agreements between the providers and Showtime Networks.)

With all that said, I am not saying that I am against the SD feed of Encore being included. As a sub to the Encore Movie Pack, I still find it difficult to understand although I find it quite amusing that Encore East is not included in SD or/and HD (along with Encore Family not being included). However, at $5, we will not complain too much. I am also not against having HD feeds included of The Movie Channel in Dish Latino Max (as it could really use it as it is $13 more a month from Dish Latino Dos) and America's Top 250.

Last edited:
Actually, with Dish, SD 340 is not included with America's Top 250. SD 340 is included in Starz or America's "Everything" Pak. HD 340, however, is included in America's Top 250 with HD 250, America's "Everything" Pak with HD AEP, or Dish America Gold.

In America's Top 250 (as well as Dish Latino Max), the west feeds of The Movie Channel and The Movie Channel Xtra are included and are not offered in HD on Dish (if they are even available at all in HD). The east feed of The Movie Channel is in HD; to get this, one would have to subscribe to Showtime or America's "Everything" Pak. The east feed of The Movie Channel Xtra is also available when subscribed to Showtime or America's "Everything" Pak on Dish. (I should probably point out that DirecTV has The Movie Channel Xtra East in HD, and it is offered in the Showtime premium package but not in Choice Ultimate. I also believe that DirecTV only offers it in HD. The west feed is not available on DirecTV. My guess is that this all has to do with contract agreements between the providers and Showtime Networks.)

With all that said, I am not saying that I am against the SD feed of Encore being included. As a sub to the Encore Movie Pack, I still find it difficult to understand although I find it quite amusing that Encore East is not included in SD or/and HD (along with Encore Family not being included). However, at $5, we will not complain too much. I am also not against having HD feeds included of The Movie Channel in Dish Latino Max (as it could really use it as it is $13 more a month from Dish Latino Dos) and America's Top 250.

Thank you for correcting me,it actually doesn't matter it's not like DISH will change it anyways,just a thought.;)

While in America's Top 250 ($69.99/month), Fox Soccer Channel is also in America's Top 120 Plus ($44.99/month) [Note: not included in America's Top 200, though], Dish Latino Dos ($44.99/month), and Dish Latino Max ($57.99/month).
I originally switched because Dish offered Versus and FSC in the 250 package! With Directv, I needed to get the sports package to obtain those channels. So with Dish, I got most of the channels, and Versus/FSC... and the Encore movie channels for a price lower than Directv. Since then Directv has added a similar package, I think.

But I don't think it is possible to get FSC in a package as cheap as you can with Dish via Latino Dos (though you sacrifice ESPN/ESPN2), my current package.

Jhon69 said:
Thank you for correcting me,it actually doesn't matter it's not like DISH will change it anyways,just a thought.;)

I was just explaining...Please do not think of it as me "correcting" you...You never really know what can happen with any provider until it happens unless you find a great source of information like here :)

Yespage said:
But I don't think it is possible to get FSC in a package as cheap as you can with Dish via Latino Dos (though you sacrifice ESPN/ESPN2), my current package.

I think you're right. I noticed that I made a mistake (not perfect) on pricing. America's Top 120 Plus is $49.99, not $44.99 (as everyone with America's Top 120 would be upgrading to America's Top 120 Plus if it was the same price).

Last edited:
As long as Dish doesn't raise the price. We get Boomerang (which we really like) and Telehit with Dish Latino Dos with HD Dos Free for $44.99/month. I wouldn't mind seeing ID.

Actually, I believe you could get Boomerang and Telehit with Dish Latino Plus for $37.99/month. I also believe Dish recently allowed HD Free for Life on this package.

I think I will get Dish Network again in August. I'll have ATDH250 + Latino for the first year, and then drop down to Dish Latino Max after the year. I really really want the Hopper. haha. Are the channels in the Latino packages still in the 8000 range? I would like the channels to map down to what they are. :/

memo90061 said:
I think I will get Dish Network again in August. I'll have ATDH250 + Latino for the first year, and then drop down to Dish Latino Max after the year. I really really want the Hopper. haha. Are the channels in the Latino packages still in the 8000 range? I would like the channels to map down to what they are. :/

Good news! They are mapped down now!

One receiver 2 dish setups

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)