Package poll.

What package do you have?

• Total voters
My account is on pause now, but I will be dropping to the Welcome Pack + BB@Home as soon as the 6 month pause ends. I have Dish America + BB@Home + HBO/Showtime. After the switch, I will probably go with NetFlix + Hulu. I'll just have to wait a year to watch Dexter and Game of Thrones.

We're on pause too, but ours is just until my wife finishes watching all her shows on the DVR. Then cancelling. Have a Tivo Series 3 HD for OTA recording, and Netflix & FTA. :)

We're on pause too, but ours is just until my wife finishes watching all her shows on the DVR. Then cancelling. Have a Tivo Series 3 HD for OTA recording, and Netflix & FTA. :)

Nice setup there and would certainly work for me. However, I can't pick up OTA in my location so would have to go with the Welcome Pack in order to do that. I've never been a Netflix subscriber but I'm leaning in that direction if I do my version of cutting the cord based on recommendations from friends.

Used to have everything pack. Now AT250 w/BB@Home, have all the movie channels currently only because they are running 1/2 off. Will drop MAX/Starz when 1/2 off is over.

I'm set up for OTA as well but I'm not in a big metro and only get the 5 networks plus PBS. Until recently I had to have a wing dish just to get HD locals. I bought a Tivo Series 3 HD a while back, used it for a month or so, and put it back in the box. Couldn't stand the sluggish interface and wasn't willing to pay $15 a month just for a program guide. I stuck with the Dish equipment since I could sub to the premiums for a month or two and use OnDemand to catch up with series plus Dish has free previews every month.

got my dish bill yesterday. it was $29 instead of 19 like i thought i had. i had dish family and then called them. they said dish family converted to smart pack so i changed it to the welcome pack. i liked the dish family until they raised the price more than the welcome pack. oh well. life goes on. charlie

i need to switch my vote to smart pack instead of welcome pack. my wife just asked me where is her cooking channel. i see that wecome pack doesn't have one of her favorite channels. called dish and they switched me back and cancelled the 5 dollar charge for changing... no problem. money is easier to come by rather than a happy wife. thats the important thing. charlie

We were on at250 for a loooooooooong time. then the amc ordeal happened, and after considering all our options, we downgraded to at120.

we shall see what happens after the $10 monthly credit expires.

I made a dumb move...I think. I've had 200 since it was known as Silver. Some time back I noticed some "new channels", a couple of which I started watching with some regularity. I thought it was all part of Encore since I was talked into taking that pack for $2/mo. (promotion) when I called for other matters. Then I looked at my bill (which I rarely do - hint, don't do what I do, or don't...or whatever!) and saw BB@Home was costing me $10/mo. I don't recall ever signing-up for that, nor receiving any notification that I was being, or about to be, charged for it. I did some quick "research" on the Dish site and elsewhere and for whatever reason determined it was only related to on-demand movies, either streamed or by mail. I don't do either of those things, so I canceled BB@Home.

Silly me! I also lost those "new" channels I liked...and about a dozen others! And I found out that the $5/mo. (now) Encore pack is 6 SD channels that I never watch! I'm not sure how to cancel that pack - the online programming site doesn't seem to offer that option!

I'm going to sort this all out...someday (soon, I hope!). I might upgrade to 250 to get those missing channels and also Military channel and Encore HD (which doesn't seem to be part of the $5 Encore pack?) and a couple of others. Hopefully I can drop the SD Encore pack and the net change will be less ??

I have Dish America - Silver
Grandfathered, so who knows how long it will last.

I had HD Absolute till the day they killed it.