Packaging and Pricing for Star Choice

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
The one thing with Spokane & Seattle, and the "poor man's Sunday Ticket"......... if there a Seahawks home game that's blacked out, the Spokane stations will carry it. However if you are a Seahawks fan, there's more Seahawks programs; especially on Fox.

Solution, get the HD receiver, and for your nets pick Spokane and Buffalo. The you'll have all 4 sets of nets; some HD and some SD. Even if you don't have an HD TV set yet, I've found the HD on my SDTV is about 1.5 times clearer than SD. Plus you also get the Dolby Digital sound.

Iceberg said:
yes. With Essentials you get HD channels
FOX from Rochester & Seattle

A correction to your list Fox East HD is Fox 2 Detroit.

Besides the US nets, you also get the games on the Global/CH stations. Iceberg's list for week 1 from another forum:
New York Jets @ Kansas City - 1 p.m. ET Global Atlantic, Winnipeg, Regina, Saskatoon.
Houston @ Buffalo - 1 p.m. ET CH Hamilton.
Denver @ Miami - 1 p.m. ET Lethbridge, Edmonton, Calgary, CH Vancouver Island, Kamloops.

Arizona @ New York Giants - 4:15 p.m. ET Global Quebec.

Dallas @ San Diego - 4:15 p.m. ETGlobal Ontario.

Green Bay @ Detroit - 4:15 p.m. ET Red Deer, Global B.C., Kelowna.

ken0042 said:
The one thing with Spokane & Seattle, and the "poor man's Sunday Ticket"......... if there a Seahawks home game that's blacked out, the Spokane stations will carry it. However if you are a Seahawks fan, there's more Seahawks programs; especially on Fox.

Solution, get the HD receiver, and for your nets pick Spokane and Buffalo. The you'll have all 4 sets of nets; some HD and some SD. Even if you don't have an HD TV set yet, I've found the HD on my SDTV is about 1.5 times clearer than SD. Plus you also get the Dolby Digital sound.

The real problem is that I have 2 HD sets and 1 FP (X1). I have 2 811's for Dish but I will be scaling back to just the HD channels because I think that the locals and other SD offerings are of crappy quality. (However compared to my neighbor's Direct the channels are much better). I also have 2 pc HDTV cards but the reception on ABC is of spotty quality because of the high RF it is carried on. All my other HD Locals are spotless.

1. I am mostly interested in getting HD (which I know BEV offers more) but keep in mind I have alot of HD from Dish.

2. I am also very interested in better SD which SC seems to be the hands down winner. We watch limited SD channels but I would like them to look good; not bit-starved.

3. ST is another consideration but why goto Direct and pay the outrageous fee for HD ST when it is watered down HD-Lite. BEV offers the complete ST for substantially less than Direct but I hear their SD offerings (quality) isn't as good as SC.

4. SC seems to be the favorite because of strong SD quality, limited HD but seems to be of better selection. Poor Man's ST via the nets which will result in more (CBS, ABC, and FOX) HD games.

As I said previously we watch limited SD 10% (E!, A&E , Hist ) 90% viewing of mostly captured HD material or live HD shows. Football is a big concern but it seems that SC should be able to fill 2 other areas for HD NFL and 1 or 2 for SD material.

Someone correct me if I am wrong.

The Nets give me access to:

Detroit (ABC, CBS, FOX, NBC, PBS) in HD
Seattle (ABC, CBS, FOX, NBC, PBS) in HD
Buffalo and/or Spokane networks in SD.

I have access to

Minneapolis (ABC, CBS, FOX, NBC, PBS) in HD

So I could order the Essentials w/ Nets and be set?

Also thanks to all the people that are helping me sort this out or have posted info.

All you need is the Essentials. You pick 1 of Buffalo/Detroit/Spokane/Seattle for your SD feed - everyone gets the Detroit/Seattle HD feeds.

Get a DSR505 - since they are on sale for $199 cdn this month

Jumbo Dumbo said:
A correction to your list Fox East HD is Fox 2 Detroit.
yep you're right... :)

Besides the US nets, you also get the games on the Global/CH stations. Iceberg's list for week 1 from another forum:
New York Jets @ Kansas City - 1 p.m. ET Global Atlantic, Winnipeg, Regina, Saskatoon.
Houston @ Buffalo - 1 p.m. ET CH Hamilton.
Denver @ Miami - 1 p.m. ET Lethbridge, Edmonton, Calgary, CH Vancouver Island, Kamloops.

Arizona @ New York Giants - 4:15 p.m. ET Global Quebec.

Dallas @ San Diego - 4:15 p.m. ETGlobal Ontario.

Green Bay @ Detroit - 4:15 p.m. ET Red Deer, Global B.C., Kelowna.
only ones we won't see is AZ/NYG...No Global Quebec on SC

htguy said:

FOX is from Rochester, NY not Buffalo.
Seattle ABC HD is not available right now
PBS for East coast is Buffalo

I have access to

hey a local :)

Ice, You need to update the HD lineup on that document.. the Comp channels are no more. ;)

281 Sportsnet HD
282 The Movie Network HD
283 Movie Central HD
284 NBC 4 HD Detroit (WDIV)
285 ABC 7 HD Detroit (WXYZ)
286 CBS 62 HD Detroit (WWJ)
287 Fox 2 HD Detroit (WJBK)
288 PBS 53 HD Detroit (WTVS)
289 NBC 5 HD Seattle (KING)
290 CBS 7 HD Seattle (KIRO)
291 Fox 13 HD Seattle (KCPQ)

htguy said:
Someone correct me if I am wrong.

I have access to

The HD channels are included with Essentials, there is no need for "The Nets" tier.

For the west feeds (In HD), there is no PBS or ABC, only CBS, Fox, and NBC.

There are no Minneapolis feeds in HD (or SD for that matter...) Feeds are taken from Detroit and Buffalo (for East) and Seattle and Spokane (for West)

ultatryon said:
Ice, You need to update the HD lineup on that document.. the Comp channels are no more. ;)

281 Sportsnet HD
282 The Movie Network HD
283 Movie Central HD
284 NBC 4 HD Detroit (WDIV)
285 ABC 7 HD Detroit (WXYZ)
286 CBS 62 HD Detroit (WWJ)
287 Fox 2 HD Detroit (WJBK)
288 PBS 53 HD Detroit (WTVS)
289 NBC 5 HD Seattle (KING)
290 CBS 7 HD Seattle (KIRO)
291 Fox 13 HD Seattle (KCPQ)

done :)
PBS is from Buffalo according to the SC site

StarChoice flipped back to WTVS-DT from Detroit back in September. They only had Buffalo for a brief period while the transmitter for WTVS-DT was been worked on. The website still says WNED-DT but that is now incorrect.

I've added the French and Bilingual packages, pricing and themes to this document.

Note, some channels -- because I don't have the service yet -- have question marks next to them because I'm not 100% sure of the content. Also note, I am unable at this time to determine the channel list for Parfait Bilingual though I would guess it would be mainly a list of the French themed channels. The Bilingual page for Star Choice is currently down.

I will next try to create a spreadsheet calculator for the various packages to make deciding easier.

Attachments

• StarChoice Packages II.doc
    58.5 KB · Views: 966
Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)