Page code handling login boxes have a problem

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

jcarrera

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 15, 2006
Florida
Can you take a look at login when hitting the page below from non-logged in state...
http://www.satelliteguys.us/forums/106-Bright-House-Cable-Forum
Every time I save the login credentials in LastPass, subsequently it will not work right. The name will fill in, but the password will not fill in until I actually click in that box.

I did find if I put the password into the LastPass field "vb_login_password_hint" in addition to "vb_login_password" then it works--but it shows the password in plain text.

"Save All Entered Data" was how I created the LastPass data. Did again to be sure. Still not work.

The issue is that LastPass "Save All Entered Data" is saving the string 'Password' which is in the password field by default in the field "vb_login_password" but the page is PROCESSING the data entered in "vb_login_password_hint" as the password to actually enter the site. So, to make it work, you have to put your real password in "vb_login_password_hint" which makes it show in plain text in the PASSWORD field in the login page, and you can hit enter and it will work. But your password is being shown clear text that way.

I am sure this is some confusion in the "communication" between your site code and LastPass, but since LastPass works so flawlessly on hundreds of other sites, I think there is something odd happening in your code that is confusing LastPass--especially in the data handling associated with "vb_login_password" and "vb_login_password_hint".

Could you take a look at it?

I did a view source on the page, and I think I see the problem. Here is the code

<input type="text" class="textbox default-value" name="vb_login_username" id="navbar_username" size="10" accesskey="u" tabindex="101" value="User Name" />
<input type="password" class="textbox" tabindex="102" name="vb_login_password" id="navbar_password" size="10" />
<input type="text" class="textbox default-value" tabindex="102" name="vb_login_password_hint" id="navbar_password_hint" size="10" value="Password" style="display:none;" />
<input type="submit" class="loginbutton" tabindex="104" value="Log in" title="Enter your username and password in the boxes provided to login, or click the 'register' button to create a profile for yourself." accesskey="s" />

Notice that the middle two lines for
name="vb_login_password" and name="vb_login_password_hint"
both have the SAME tab index, 102. They should be different.

Today the page code is different and the LastPass login is working correctly. Thanks.

PREVIOUS POST WRONG.

Well, actually it was correct the afternoon of 1-30-13. Now, in the 9pm E time frame, the page code is back to the way it was when I first reported the problem, and thus now does not work correctly.

It looks like someone was experimenting with a fix (and it seemed to work) and site has now reverted back to the code with the error(s).

Is there any chance you could discuss this with the vBulletin people to find a fix?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)