Paladia, HD Theater and Encore HD now part of Platinum

Nothing has changed there that I know of, its available with Top 250 with HD or if you subscribe to Stars...

Encore HD and a bunch of Encore channels were available just by subscribing to the AT250 with HD package. I had it last month when I switched to the AT250 package. Now I'm back to the Latino Max package so I can't check. Starz was not needed to get the Encore HD channel, probably they just fixed their mistake. :)

Yeah this is no "rumor." I already posted that my proof for claiming this is that I just dropped Platinum today and Encore HD is now gone. It was there yesterday and the only change I made today is dropping Platinum. Could Dish have added Encore HD to Platinum by mistake? It's possible, but more likely that the channel is now in the Platinum package.

If you still don't believe me, drop Platinum temporarily to check for yourself and pay the $5 downgrade fee.

Yeah this is no "rumor." I already posted that my proof for claiming this is that I just dropped Platinum today and Encore HD is now gone. It was there yesterday and the only change I made today is dropping Platinum. Could Dish have added Encore HD to Platinum by mistake? It's possible, but more likely that the channel is now in the Platinum package.

If you still don't believe me, drop Platinum temporarily to check for yourself and pay the $5 downgrade fee.

I don't think Encore HD is part of the HD Platinum package.

Well I dropped Platinum and no longer have Encore HD. And you can see I'm not the only one. So what's your explanation for that?

Encore HD was never part of the Platinum package. This is a separate change to their programming. I had AT250 last month with the HD and Platinum package, no Starz and Encore HD was there with a bunch of other Encore channels. I can't check anymore because I went back to the Latino Max HD package and Platinum and Encore HD was not there when I made the change last week. So Encore HD has never been part of the Platinum package.

Well maybe you need AT 250 and Platinum to get Encore HD.

I would agree with HALF that statement as Encore HD is apart of the AT250 package and anyone with that package should get it. It's clearly stated on Dishes web site.

So if you have that package and you are not receiving it I would call tech supp and let them know.

Last edited:
So is this a website only change at this point, or have people without Platinum actually lost Palladia and HD Theater as of right now? I had both last night when I checked.
Also, has anyone with Dish America lost Palladia or HD Theater? I'm at work so I can't check.

So is this a website only change at this point, or have people without Platinum actually lost Palladia and HD Theater as of right now? I had both last night when I checked.
Also, has anyone with Dish America lost Palladia or HD Theater? I'm at work so I can't check.

I dropped Platinum and went to HD120 free this morning. Trust me.... Palladia and HD Theater are part of the Platinum package. ...but 5710 which shows "Test", but actually airs HD Theater is still available.

Just an FYI for those planning to drop Platinum. Paladia and HD Theater being added to Platinum had been rumored so I was expecting that loss. Encore HD was news to me, but that's no big loss.

I am surprised that HDNet is not part of Platinum HD since it is HD only.

As far as Encore HD, I do not understand why they do not have Encore SD as part of AT250. To get Encore HD, you must have either AT250 or Starz. For Encore SD, you must have Starz. I am not sure about the $5 a la carte Encore pack; I do not think you can even get Encore SD with that. It gets confusing after a while. LOL

Last edited:
Just had someone check for me at home, and I still have Palladia and HD Theater with Dish America for $29.99 / month. I do NOT have Platinum. Just FYI.

Would be nice for others with Dish America to confirm or deny if they still have Palladia and HD Theater.

Robert

Just had someone check for me at home, and I still have Palladia and HD Theater with Dish America for $29.99 / month. I do NOT have Platinum. Just FYI.

Would be nice for others with Dish America to confirm or deny if they still have Palladia and HD Theater.

Robert

I think that E* should make channel lists for the Dish America HD packages. Otherwise, it seems like a mystery as to what channels one receives with these HD only packages. The regular PDF channel list with the SD packages are also outdated.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)