Paladia, HD Theater and Encore HD now part of Platinum

Im wondering if HDNET will remain with the free hd or be moved to platinum?
I've got to think they need to keep a few HD only channels out there, as hooks, to drag people into wanting Platinum more. Certainly worked for me wanting it.

I've got to think they need to keep a few HD only channels out there, as hooks, to drag people into wanting Platinum more. Certainly worked for me wanting it.

I was just curious with HDNET being the only one in the 300 range thats not in platinum.Of course HDNET is on 9422 also.Yea that makes sense. They see Hdnet and will see HDNET movies in the platinum package.Good thinking.:cool:

Im wondering if HDNET will remain with the free hd or be moved to platinum?

I don't think you have to worry about that. Mark Cuban pitched a fit a few years ago when DirecTV attempted the same thing. He wants the main HDNet channel available to anyone with basic HD service.

HDNet settles with DirecTV over fee raise dispute | TG Daily

Encore is NOT part of Platinum.

That's not in question at this point (despite the thread title). The question is whether or not Encore HD is still a part of "HD 250 Free" (or Sterz/AEP only) or whether it's a technical glitch that people are losing it. I was hoping since you have contacts with the tech people at Dish that you could clear this up. As usual CSRs are telling people different things.

Last edited:
I dont think those of us with just AT 250 and Platinum were supposed to be getting it to begin with. Like i was told when i called, those with the starz package should have been the only ones getting it. It looks like Dish has fixed the glitch on their end.

I dont think those of us with just AT 250 and Platinum were supposed to be getting it to begin with. Like i was told when i called, those with the starz package should have been the only ones getting it. It looks like Dish has fixed the glitch on their end.

If you look at the website for AT250, Encore HD is listed. When people try to access 340 they get a subscription notice on the screen. That is for Encore SD channel. If you look at the modify list of the guide and scroll down to 340, Encore HD is not even listed. If Encore HD is not available because of a subcription, then it should show red on the list. BUT IT IS NOT THERE!!!!!!!! :rant: Like it has been removed from the system when the changes were made after June 3rd. Dish has not fixed anything yet.

That can't be true because as of now Dish is still promoting Encore HD as part of 250+HD on their website and has been doing so for quite some time. That's what some CSRs are saying though, that 250+HD people never had or were supposed to have Encore HD, but those of us who have had it for years know different. In fact I can remember a previous version of the Dish website where they made it a point to mention if you added HD to the 250 you would get Encore HD.

Attachments

• AT250HD.PDF
    49.9 KB · Views: 138
Last edited:
The Dish Website is now saying that HD Theatre is part of the Top 120 HD Package and also part of the Platinum HD Package. Does this make any sense??

And I still can't figure out which package Encore East HD is in.

I was hoping today's uplink might put Encore HD back in the 250 package, but I didn't see anything to suggest that it did.

If it remains this way I may just downgrade to 200. This was one of my bigger 'carrots' to hang on to 250.

So I had been receiving Encore HD until today.I went to look for it earlier and it was magically gone. I have AT250+HD+Platinum...I wish this could get solved.......

I don't understand why Encore HD is part of Platinum when Encore is a part of AT250.

But I don't watch it enough to care.

I had to call last monday,cause i couldnt access my account online,it was finally fixed, but the csr did mention they had major upgrades to there computers and it was causing major problems,but i do have the 250 with HD and also the platinum and I still have encore HD

Just a note to those still without Encore HD with AT250 + HD. A couple of people at the "other" sat forum were able to get through to some people at Dish (I assume executive resolutions?) who agreed they should get Encore HD and was able to rehit their boxes and bring it back. They mentioned that was tried before (the rehit) when they first discovered the channel was missing and it didn't work. Perhaps engineering corrected the glitch but you still have to get a rehit to bring it back. So if you can find a CSR who knows what's going on or someone at @ceo maybe you can get it back too.

Just a note to those still without Encore HD with AT250 + HD. A couple of people at the "other" sat forum were able to get through to some people at Dish (I assume executive resolutions?) who agreed they should get Encore HD and was able to rehit their boxes and bring it back. They mentioned that was tried before (the rehit) when they first discovered the channel was missing and it didn't work. Perhaps engineering corrected the glitch but you still have to get a rehit to bring it back. So if you can find a CSR who knows what's going on or someone at @ceo maybe you can get it back too.

I just did a tech chat and it's back!:up