Panasat 9200HD Problems

Status
Please reply by conversation.

FTAsquirrel

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 1, 2007
Just got my New 9200 last week and got it running. All I did was take my Mercury II off line that was working well with great S and Q. So I know my dishes are ok.

The 9200 keeps locking up on some channels and on G-18 I get sound but just the blue screen. I get them fine on the Mercury. When I first turned it on and scanned in channels it was locking up all the time, after talking to the tech at Panasat he told me to update the software as I had version 1215 and they now had 1216 out now. Did that and it helped some to where I could use it a little more but it still wants to lockup and still not show video on known good channels.

I tried many resets and rescanned in channels. Odd thing is if I scan in G-18 I can get all the channels working but after I scan in a few other satellites I start to have the problems. The STB also becomes slow and locks up.

Just wanted to see if any one has some ideas for me. I will be talking to Pansat this week.

Even after all this FTA is still fun but anyone else would have gotten the big hammer out by now.

Last edited:
Thanks Iceberg, Might have got the wrong box it looks like, we will see.

Thanks for the links

I think all of the problems with the 9200HD are software related. I bought mine from Iceberg, and it still has version 1205 and I've had none of the problems described in this or other threads. I WAS going to upgrade it, when I heard of one new software version, that allowed it to do an 8-way diseqc switch....but after all the software problems I've read about here, I decided not to mess with it!

Well after my 4 days of Pansat 9200HD ownership it is on its way to the Pansat Techs after I talked to them one more time. I will let you all know what happens.

I have to say the Pansat Techs were nice about it and dealer has been even nicer about it all so far.

For all the others having issues with newer software maybe this will help us all. I sent it in all setup so if they hook it up to a dish it will/should do the same thing for them as it was for me.

I am out some shipping but maybe in the long run we can show them that the software is no good and it will help out all the other 9200 owners maybe.

If not I will need to find the 1205 factory software.

Well, Got my Pansat 9200HD back from the Pansat shop. All they did was reload the same software in it that they instructed me reload from the pansat web site when I called them about the problem.

It still will lock up and the worst thing is the problem with it not showing half the channles on G-18. I just get sound and a blue screen. Then some of the channels the voices are off a great deal.

This after I have scanned in all the satellites and reset many times. If I just scan in G-18 its ok but after getting all the others scanned in things start acting up. If it gets on a tansponder that is weak on any satellite the receiver locks up.

So its back to talking to the dealer and pansat. So far not impressed with pansat's service as I gave them a long detailed letter and what to look at. The receiver came back with just G-25 scanned in. So it looks like they never tested it fully.

The dealer so far has been great and very willing to try to get it worked out. They are contacting Pansat today.

I wouldn't give up on it yet. I was sorry I bought an early model and was disappointed it couldn't operate as a PVR without a mod. But from what I've been reading those later boxes seem to have more issues. But overall it works well for my needs.

Mine runs the firmware that was supposed to fix the remote control issue, but it made no difference.

At the time, I wasn't aware the Coolsat 8000 or 8100 could do S2 out of the box and PVR. I wished I researched better.

I am having the same problem with this receiver. I have the RTN channels on G28 scanned in. Half will come in, but the other half have a blue screen withe bad channel or scramble, like you. I tried to download the 1205 software but it says the software is invalied. I am getting a quality leval of 74-76 on these channel. That shoul be enough to get them in, right. Any else know where to get the 1205 software at. Dennis

My levels are in the same area.

Must be a overall software flaw and they do not want to fix it or they would have looked at my receiver. I sent it will all the G-18 channels in and all the others.

Also I see that the yellow mutil picture button on the remote works but the receiver will not respond to that. I do not use that much but it shows things are still buggy. I told them about that in hopes they would look into all the issues some but they did not even comment.

I also have found that you sure use the main power switch often as it loves to lock up even when its been off all night.

Thanks for letting us know that the 1205 has issues. I have not tried it. Waiting for the dealer to get back with me.

Maybe this will help them get things worked out in the software.

I noticed yesterday while fooling around on G3 C-Band, that the PCR PID was wrong on WNGS. This is one channel I haven't been able to get since I've had my Pansat 9200 HD, for about 3 months now. I did a manual PID scan for WNGS and it now comes in.
I then went over to G10/G18 ku and looked at the PID's on WNGS and the PCR PID was wrong like the WNGS on G3 was. I did a manual PID scan for it, and now I'm getting it. I looked at some of the other G10/G18 ku channels and the PCR PID's are off on about a third of the channels. I haven't yet took the time to correct them, but I think I've at least solved part of my Pansat's problem. Now if I could just get that PVR Hard Drive to work with the timer?

Checked the PCR PID's here and they all match the ones shown on "The List".

I did not check the Spanish channels that are also doing the same thing.

looks like I have a total of 13 channels (English) that are not showing video on G-18.

Speaking of G3C and not to get too off topic...

Once and a while on G3 when I select a channel it has zero quality and if you go up or down a channel it comes in. :confused: That's with 85S-99Q. Now I'll check the PIDS, I didn't notice that. Good catch Voomvoom.

I've noticed the Equity feeds on G3C are of lower picture quality for me and pixelate slightly on fast moving scenes as compared to those on G18.

What I did on G3 C-Band and G10/18 ku-Band was do a Manual scan for WNGS and enter the PCR number the same as the video number, and that got it to work on my Pansat 9200 HD receiver. I looked at "The List" (just now) and those numbers are correct and work on my other receivers, but they were not working on my Pansat 9200 HD on some channels. I have no idea why?
Last night I was looking at the PID's on WNGS (C-Band) and noticed the PCR PID number was the same as the Audio PID number, usually the PCR PID is the same as the Video PID (but not always), so I tried it, and it worked. So, now I'm a little more happier...!

Hey, maybe this will help me on the G28 channels. Now, I am a little backward on this. Where do I find the PCR-PID and how do I change it on my receiver. Dennis

Main Menue> then select advanced & TP scan> then select the transponder frequencey you want < or > arrow, now scroll down to PID scan an > to manual, an then push ok, PID screen will pop up now you will enter in the Vidio, Audio, & PCR with the key pad #s.

Best way to improve performance is to erase all but one active transponder for every satellite you scan.

For Example... If you blind scan a satellite, Let it find the channels first.
Then erase all but one active transponder for that satellite.

The Pansats have a memory issue which is affected by having too many transponders.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)