Panasonic Burn in?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I think his case of IR is a little to the extreme side though. I have had slight image retention before, as you say that is common, however it has never lasted more than a minute, and I do all of the things that Hemi mentioned. I play video games on it, watch news channels with tickers, espn, ect. Change the channel and the IR is gone.

My 2008 Panny would display IR sometimes 30 minutes after a static image was displayed for awhile, but it always went away. You don't see it in normal viewing, so IMO, IR is just a non issue, even at 30 minutes.

You'd have to be abusive to cause burn in.

My 2008 Panny would display IR sometimes 30 minutes after a static image was displayed for awhile, but it always went away. You don't see it in normal viewing, so IMO, IR is just a non issue, even at 30 minutes.

You'd have to be abusive to cause burn in.

Agreed! I've caught my wife pausing shows for an hour or more (pause logo and all). I could see the IR but not during normal viewing. The next day I would turn on and couldn't see a trace of IR anymore. I lovingly tell here to keep doing it so I can justify a new set with 1080P resolution and more HDMI ports.:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)