Panasonic DMP-BD35 and DMP-BD55

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
The only reference I have found in the manual and online is that 1Gb is the recommended minimum size.

I wonder what the maximum size it will take? I think SD cards go to 16Gb.
Will it work with SDHC cards?

Mainly, what is a good functional size of SD card to install? I always like to err on the more side than the minimum side, especially since SD memory is so cheap.

Anyone put a card in and accessed BD-live? What was your experience?
Thanks,
Dave

I use an 8GB SDHC card. Works like a charm. As for is it worth it? The only thing we somewhat enjoyed is host a viewing on HP5 with HDDVD. Everything else in either format I have found worthless.

S~

I wonder what the maximum size it will take? I think SD cards go to 16Gb.
Will it work with SDHC cards?
SD cards are up to 2GB. SDHC cards are up to 32GB. The player supports both formats.

Has anyone checked prices and availability lately. Out of stock everywhere and Amazon has them listed at 450 -35k and 399 -55k:eek:

Last edited:
We'll see what Panasonic has to say at CES. As I reported at the beginning of the thread before it even came out, I heard from my rep that the 35 might be discontinued and they'll be consolidating into one model (the 55) to save costs. The 35 might have met its production run.

S~

Denon 1909 time to ship

Elwaylite,
After ordering your 1909, how many days did it take for 6Ave to ship your unit? Did you use the free shipping or expedited?

Maybe it was an Xmas overload of orders, but I ordered mine from 6Ave on Sunday 12/28. It did not actually leave 6Ave to UPS until the 4th business day on Friday Jan 2nd. It is showing a scheduled delivery for this Friday 1/9/09.

I know it was free shipping, so probably low priority in the shipping queue, but painful to watch each day as it was not on the road yet. :eek: But, I guess I need to remember what they said in Jamaica anytime you asked how soon something would happen: "Soon come." :)

Someone at Blu-ray.com just posted that Panny cust service told them both the 35 AND 55 were being discontinued. Has Panny said anything at CES about players yet?

Attachments

• CES 2009 - Image - BD60.jpg
    CES 2009 - Image - BD60.jpg
    137.8 KB · Views: 231
  • CES 2009 - Image - BD80.jpg
    CES 2009 - Image - BD80.jpg
    167.6 KB · Views: 226
  • CES 2009 - Image - BD70V.jpg
    CES 2009 - Image - BD70V.jpg
    190.8 KB · Views: 198
  • CES 2009 - Release - Blu-ray FINAL 01.07.09.doc
    119 KB · Views: 369
Last edited:
My wife gave me the go sign at Costco this evening to pick up a BD-35. Somehow they had one in the back and just put it out. Got the $50 off and now I can give my PS3 a rest. I have been watching so many BD movies that the PS3 fan has started to sound like my vacumm cleaner. After reading how quiet and efficient the BD-35 is I am looking forward to adding it to my stack.:)

My wife gave me the go sign at Costco this evening to pick up a BD-35. Somehow they had one in the back and just put it out. Got the $50 off and now I can give my PS3 a rest. I have been watching so many BD movies that the PS3 fan has started to sound like my vacumm cleaner. After reading how quiet and efficient the BD-35 is I am looking forward to adding it to my stack.:)

Congrats and enjoy it.

S~

I also bought mine from Amazon during the Thanksgiving weekend, sent the coupon in the first few weeks of December and got the 2 free movies on Monday.

Once again thanks to this message board I got a deal!!!

Dave

Dang. Sent my rebate in the week of Dec. 8...still waiting. (also bought on Amazon)

Edit: Nevermind, just arrived in today's mail. :D

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)