Panasonic DMP-BD35 and DMP-BD55

Really, it's about $230. Yes, they force you to buy 4 movies but most people would probably buy a few movies anyway.

Sort of true except they are movies I would not buy normally. My goal is to sell them on Ebay. If I can get 50 for the 4, I'll be that much further ahead.

Well got mine today and I am pretty impressed. Up-conversion is every bit as good as my Toshiba A2. I have one question. When I am in audio set up, the test phase skips the subwoofer. When I played a disc there was audio coming from the sub. The analog outs are awsome, better than my A2 using optical.

Well got mine today and I am pretty impressed. Up-conversion is every bit as good as my Toshiba A2. I have one question. When I am in audio set up, the test phase skips the subwoofer. When I played a disc there was audio coming from the sub. The analog outs are awsome, better than my A2 using optical.

No test tone for sub. DOn't ask me why.

S~

I traded up my S350 for a BD55. I really like what I saw when my kids put in a SD disc. The S350 was good, but BD55 was noticeably better at upconversion.

Damn Secondary audio option threw me off, was sitting like "WTF, DTS ? Where is the HD Master?" I should read the manual or maybe read the whole thread as that was probably mentioned somewhere already.

I had to turn mine off to get the lossless bitstream to come through.

I am going to take a look around more on it tonight now that I have more time to see if there is something I missed.

On my Onkyo 606 it only shows DTS if the audio is set to bitstream and secondary is on. With it off, DTS MA comes through.

Edit

Saw this posted over at AVS by boylan13.... This refers only to the HDMI digital audio.

It can be simplified as follows. And these only apply to the HDMI DIGITAL OUTPUTS (not analog and not S/PDIF coax/fiber outputs):

If you set Digital Audio Output settings to:

BITSTREAM with SECONDARY AUDIO OFF:
You get the BITSTREAM Output (Dolby TrueHD, DTS-HD MA full resolution) - ALL THE TIME and Secondary Audio is silent

BITSTREAM with SECONDARY AUDIO ON:
You get the BITSTREAM Output (Dolby TrueHD, DTS-HD MA full resolution) UNLESS there is Secondary Audio (BonusView PiP) or Menu Clicks in the stream, in which case you get lossy Dolby Digital or DTS with secondary audio present

PCM with SECONDARY AUDIO OFF:
You get FULL RESOLUTION PCM Output ALL THE TIME and Secondary Audio is silent

PCM with SECONDARY AUDIO ON:
You get FULL RESOLUTION PCM Output UNLESS there is Secondary Audio (BonusView PiP) or Menu Clicks in the stream, in which case you get 48KHz PCM with rear channel missing (only on 7.1-ch original content) and Secondary Audio is present.

Yeap. If you want to keep secondary audio on and get lossless, set the player to PCM rather than bitstream. 7.1 TrueHD, there is 1 title, and Uncompressed PCM are downmixed to 5.1. DTS Master remains 7.1. There are very few 96Khz titles.

S~

What color are everyone's side bars when viewing material in 4.3 and using HDMI? Mine are gray. With my dish box the bars are black. Trying to figure out if the grey is from the TV or Blu player. I'd rather have black bars.

What color are everyone's side bars when viewing material in 4.3 and using HDMI? Mine are gray. With my dish box the bars are black. Trying to figure out if the grey is from the TV or Blu player. I'd rather have black bars.

Turn off the screen saver.

S~

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)